1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is there a difference between judging a person and blaspheming a person?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by davidgeminden, Jan 18, 2014.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I did say in the understanding of the Jews in a former post. I simply don't feel I have to repeat myself every post. And it may not have been the exact wording that you want me to use.

In reference to both Stephen and Christ false witnesses were used.
    In reference to Stephen:

Acts 6:11 Then they suborned men, which said, We have heard him speak blasphemous words against Moses, and against God.
    Acts 6:13 And set up false witnesses, which said, This man ceaseth not to speak blasphemous words against this holy place, and the law:

If you study chapter seven, you will find that Stephen, in his sermon defends himself against these three accusations:
    1. Blasphemy against Moses.
    2. Blasphemy against the Temple.
    3. Blasphemy against the Law.
    --Moses was God's spokesman; the Temple, God's dwelling place; and the Law, God's Word. Thus the blasphemy is still ultimately against God. After defending himself against three counts of blasphemy he was stoned.

Concerning Jesus:
    Matthew 26:61 And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.
    Matthew 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
    Matthew 26:65 Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.

John 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Mark 2:3 And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four.
    Mark 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.
    Mark 2:7 Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

Mark 2:9 Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?
    10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)
    11 I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.
    --He was a man. He demonstrated that he was God. Therefore he was accused of blasphemy. This happened over and over again.

If you claim to be God, I too will accuse you of blasphemy. But, unlike the Pharisees, I will be correct.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think in the biblical sense of the term, Blashemy is to be against the revealled truths of scripture, as to deny the cardinal truths would be to insult God himself!

Denying jesus is God, rose from dead, died for sinners, Saved by Gtrace alone thru faith alone, basically, any who refuse the true God and the true Gospel !