1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is there a difference between unsubmissiveness and feminism?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by SaggyWoman, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Apples & Oranges.

That's what voting is for. It you and me taking part in the legislative process.

More apples and oranges.

None of what you said has anything to do anything I said.

2. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Apples & Oranges.

That's what voting is for. It you and me taking part in the legislative process.

More apples and oranges.

None of what you said has anything to do anything I said.
    </font>[/QUOTE]NOT AT ALL different. We all don't have equal rights and never will.!

3. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

The government is not God why can't I be equal with them? Why can I not be equal to the mayor or the boss, yeah thats it, I should get to run the company. :cool:

4. Elnora

Elnora New Member

Do we sin if the Gov tell us to, A boss, A pastor? No, we do not comply with sin, we are condoning it we participate or agree with it.

5. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

So since the government does sanction abortion should we stop obeying the government in all things ? Or do we obey when possible as long as it does not go against God's word. That seems to be what you are saying. We should not contiue to obey or we will be condoning abortion.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Sure it's different. The government is not a citizen. A company is not a citizen. We are citizens. All citizens have equal rights.

7. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Sure it's different. The government is not a citizen. A company is not a citizen. We are citizens. All citizens have equal rights. </font>[/QUOTE]boy you sure can dance John :rolleyes: . My mayor is a person with more rights then me, my boss is also.guess what so is the police. Not sure what your last post even proves.

8. Elnora

Elnora New Member

No Tim c'mon, I said we are not to submit nor condone sin. Now if they tell me I have to have an abortion yes I can tell them no. We also aren't to argue for the sake of arguing either.

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Actually, no, none of them have more rights than you. However, the jobs they are in have certain powers. But those powers are conditional. Mayors and police can abuse their powers, and when they do, persons who are subject to those abuses are not required to comply with those powers. Since your assetion is that it's not an apples and oranges comparison, then you have no choice but to agree that when a husband abuses his scriptural role of headship, then wife is not under obligation to comply.

10. johnp.

johnp. New Member

I am not sure if that's a complaint that they have or a complaint that they took their time about it. [​IMG]

Timtoolman (Sorry Elnora)

Yes. In the same way the German people should have done under the Fascist regime. We must ask ourselves why we allow such a holocaust to continue? 40 million abortions since 1973, 4,000 a day. That's just the US.
    Nonviolent nonfinger wagging protests. Doesn't take many people sitting in the road to cause disruption. Cause enough and we could stop the slaughter or at least get run over trying.

Johnv

Not all are citizens though.

Johnv

First of all I'd question the statement that headship is a scriptural role instead of being a state of being. Headship means 'source' not 'rule'.
    But that is right what you say. Authority can only come from scripture and where this happens then the person has authority whether they are male or female.
    The only inequality within marriage should be the inequality that one places oneself in out of love for one's partner. This must go for the rest of life as well.
    We make too much noise about rights. I don't really mean that. I think there are rights to fight for but there are many that we should not care less about. We have a Servant King.

We usually have our babychanging room seperate from the toilets so they are mixed.
    Subordination is not inferiority.

johnp.

11. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

Johnv. I don't know were you get your interprtation of the word equal from. But if you would read the dictionary you would see that equal means, the same in size, amount or,
    value.

Note. not all dictionarys are exactly the same but if you look up the word equal you will find that they all have basically the same definition as I have stated here.

12. joyfulkeeperathome

joyfulkeeperathome New Member

all citizens don't have the same rights - therefore there is this thing called abortion....

13. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

Good point joyfulkeeperathome.
    [​IMG]

14. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Hey, Fishand bread, are you married?

15. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

Why are you intrested in going out some time?

seriously why do you want to know?

16. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Good for the dictionary, but you're lacking the context here. I've already discussed this IN CONTEXT.

17. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Uh.....NO. Mind you, I do not make a habit of asking males out. Thanks for wondering, though.

No, you were making such a big deal about submission, I was just wondering if you were married.

18. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

Soon to be SaggyWoman,soon to be.

19. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

Johnv what is your point?

20. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You are soon to be married, but not now?

Does your soon to be bride know your stance on obedience and voting?