1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is there a Movement Afoot to become Charismatic

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO......Dont make excuses for a few bad apples. Roman Catholicism has the most atrocious name & reputation on the planet earth......considering their bad history, we are choir boys.

But the RC's really dont object to Baptists on the grounds of a few wing-nuts..... they object to Baptists because they insist on the Christian dedicating their lives to Christ.....and thats way too damn hard......they want easy believing & that they get from these "Fun & games" Churches today.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    think the main reason why the catholic churches in area see baptists asa bad name is that many of them 'convert" over from RCC to baptist!

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whoa...RC's see the "Baptist" name as a bad thing because soooo many RC's convert to becomming Baptists???

Sorry but I don't understand that comment...could you rephrase?

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not necessarily a baptist church, which one?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Baptist_denominations

Given the reasoning found on the op, just the word 'baptist' is misleading given the dozens upon dozens of baptists there are. Maybe an SBC church doesn't want to think they are associated with IFB, or GARB with SBC, etc. Like I said dishonesty has nothing to do with anything.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The RCC sees us baptists as being part of a large cult, not a real church group, that to them takes their people away from the 'true mother church!"

6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If that's true....

[Wind & Fire;2029638]There will be a special room for you there though...I believe they put all Californians there. BTW...hell is the room marked "New Jersey ":smilewinkgrin:[/QUOTE]

....SolaSaint will be happy, because he isn't from California, and Rick Warren will be in that place with me, since Rick is from California :laugh:

Although, if that is true, that room could be a form of hell, and because I am from California, but not of like mind, I believe God will have grace towards me and others like me and put me in with whomever I request, and I'd love to spend eternity living in the condo next door to EWF. :wavey:

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....SolaSaint will be happy, because he isn't from California, and Rick Warren will be in that place with me, since Rick is from California :laugh:

Although, if that is true, that room could be a form of hell, and because I am from California, but not of like mind, I believe God will have grace towards me and others like me and put me in with whomever I request, and I'd love to spend eternity living in the condo next door to EWF. :wavey:[/QUOTE]

Get ready then cause I live with 20 chickens, 2 roosters, 4 dog & I walk around in boxer shorts singing a copella. Oh and I like beer:thumbs:

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So your saying we have a bad reputation with them, well my friend that's good, very good. I want to be in opposition to them as much as possible. We should invest in sinage that says, BAPTISTS ...the anti Catholics! And the only "FATHER" you will find here is your Father in heaven.:smilewinkgrin:

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #109 Aaron, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
  10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stephen wasn't a "punch-you-in-the-nose" dude, but he was a man to the end.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture doesnt tell you enough about Stephen's character to draw that conclusion....but I will agree that he didnt need testosterone supplements.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a church by me that avowedly claims that they are an "Independent" Non-Denominational Bible Church. However the Elder Run, Head teaching Elder (Pastor) is a 5 Point Calvinist & when I inquired into the Church & told the guy I was not a 5 pointer (at the time) & was having difficulty grasping Limited Atonement, he told me that I would have to look for another church. Sometime later, Archangel sent me a list of churches in NJ that are "Founders" churches, and there he is ....this pastor with Name & Contact info. Now you tell me, is this guy being fully transparent & forthcoming? His Internet Website says absolutely nothing about having to be a 5 Point Calvinist & guess what, he goes so far as to preach it in the pulpit. Been there when he dedicates his whole sermon (actually groups of sermons) to 5 point Calvinism. Well I ask you, is this guy indoctrinating? Shouldnt he just be honest & change his name to Independent Baptist Reformed Church (SBC affiliated) instead of masquerading as a Non-Denomination.

Side Note.....my Brother, a IFB Ute Pastor (Bob Jonsey Type) moves back to Joisey & begins attending just that church. You would think they would be frank with a fellow Pastor & detail their doctrinal stance.....nope. He had to go (and he went faithfully for a time) till it finally revealed itself.... then he went running out of there.

We matched stories one day & laughed. My brother said that they would be much closer to my beliefs so I might choose them as a church home. My answer was no....even though Id become a 5 Pointer (through self study) these guys at that particular church were disingenuous.....couldn't be trusted & they still cant.

#113 Earth Wind and Fire, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
  14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Past 10-page limit and time to pull the plug as the subject has been covered and lots of posts now like the one sheep "lost in the wilderness"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.