1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is there any true fundamentalist on this board

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Brad14, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

You bet you, I would want a source.

2. BillyShope

BillyShope Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You bet you, I would want a source. </font>[/QUOTE]Obviously, we don't all react in the same manner. Since I don't believe everything I read in the papers, I would simply laugh and dismiss this as nonsense. Of course, if I thought my friend might be offended by my laughing, I would try to stifle it.

And, yes, I would be offended if someone at a party asked me to run home and fetch the newspaper from which I mentioned reading something.

I am quite surprised by the reactions expressed here. Do you people really take any stock in what psychologists and psychiatrists say? Or, for that matter, are you influenced by what others say and write? The only Molder of our thoughts and opinions should be God. That which we hear and read should be measured against His Word.

Yes, we come to this board and express our opinions. Why? I really don't know, unless it's to prompt others into a further study of His Word. If that be the case, does it really matter if another opinion, from some unidentified source, is introduced? Is the opinion of this lettered man who made this psychological study of any greater or lesser value, when placed on this board, than my own? Would you feel any better if he had placed it here himself?

This is all nonsense! We come here to post our ideas. If they are of any value to others; fine. If you have a different opinion than one you see expressed, I am certain that your time would be far better spent with attempts to support your position rather than asking another to support his. In fact, the latter seems to be entirely a waste of time. Since you have a different opinion, why in the world would you seek support for another? Unless, of course, you attach yourself to every reed that floats by.

But, if you have thought your opinions through and, when possible, anchored them upon His Word, you are bound to run across ideas that are offensive to you. Personally, I am extremely offended by soterical notions expressed by Arminians and Calvinists. But, I grit my teeth, smile, say "That's interesting" and move on to another conversation at the party.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Opinions are fine - you posted a supposed fact, they need verified so that everyone can determine whether or not the source is credible. Your remark that pastors are, for the most part, highly effeminate is unfair, unjust, and uncalled for. Attempt to support it with an unnamed source is unethical.

Of course you would, that is my point. In this case the person making the statement was an editorialist in the liberal Irish Independent. This person hates America and anyhting associated with God. This source is NOT credible and that is my point.

4. superdave

superdave New Member

Seems to me you proved your own point this this list. Anyone who equates the KJV Bible with being an IFB, and places it on the same level as the other true fundamentals you listed clearly has no grasp of what a fundamentalist actually is. the KJV Bible issue is a sidetrack, clearly sent from Satan to divide the body of Christ.

5. superdave

superdave New Member

Were I in a place of leadership, I would be very careful about &lt;snipped by moderator&gt; the very Word of God like that. Perhaps he should be more careful. I actually don't consider anyone to be IFB who holds that position, sorry, they need to find another name, that one is already taken.

[ December 26, 2004, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: C4K ]

6. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Obviously, we don't all react in the same manner. Since I don't believe everything I read in the papers,
    [/QUOTE]
    I'm not asking him to do anything but tell me where it comes from, so I can go and check it out. If I'm going to quote something, I should know what it is from.

7. DavidFWhite3

DavidFWhite3 New Member

OK try the other foot then.

The "judgemental" foot. The one with which you judged fundamentalists as being judgemental.

HankD
    </font>[/QUOTE]I am making an honest observation. It is shared by countless Christians who wonder why Fundaments are so obsessed with everything that is wrong about everybody else, and so unwilling to take inventory of themselves. Just look at how much energy is spent on this very thread doing that. I will leave this section because I am not Fundamentalist, and after spending considerable time reading the posts of so many who say they are, I am more convinced than ever that to be one is harmful to authentic Christian faith, and really gets in the way of "Doing unto others as we would have done to ourselves."

Bye

8. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

[​IMG] Well.....At least David is HONEST about what he ISN'T...and for that I applaud him.
    As for the the idea of Fundamentalists being judgemental...yes...many of them may SEEM to be,but it is NOT being judgemental to POINT OUT ERROR or doctrinal COMPROMISE in this day and age of ever-increasing APOSTASY in the church and body of Christ.The scriptures are clear on this.Note Romans 16:17,1Timothy 4:1,2,Gal.1:7-9 and others.We are only instructed or rebuked from "judging" if we are guilty of the same offences or worse.....and that is just plain hypocrisy.See Luke 6:39-43.
    We as Christians and "fundamentalists" are supposed to be seperated from the world and unto God and be true to the standards of the Word of God holding the TRUTH in love.Many today are straying away from sound doctrine in order to attract bigger numbers or influence more people....BUT....it is NEVER right to do WRONG to supposedly get the chance to do right.The "way" is indeed narrow from a biblical point of view.

For the Master,
    Greg Sr. [​IMG]