1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is there any true fundamentalist on this board

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Brad14, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

I agree with Jim on this. I mean really William Branham? There are legitamate biblical scholars that hold to your position Roby. By the way back to the topic, a persons view of eschatology does not make them a fundamentalist, except if they deny that Jesus is coming again. How that will take place you will find all kinds of interpretations within the fundamentalist family.

Bro Tony

2. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Looney tunes.
    He predicts Jesus to come back in 1977.
    Check your sources Robycop.
    In His service;
    Jim

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't trust him whatsoever, Jim...I live but 15 miles from Eastern Kentucky where Branham once flourished. He was one of the great charlatans of the '40s through the mid '60s. He died after his car was struck by a drunk driver in 1965.

Branham is associated with several Pentecostal branches, and some with SDA, and still has a cult following, same as does Ellen Gould White.

I posted a link to that page just to show Michelle and others the "Church Age" doctrine in its entirety as it was taught by Branham and those who followed him. Please note the PARENT SITE for that page...biblebelievers.com.

Speaking of fundamentalists...Here's a link containing a brief summary of Dr. Richard Clearwaters' views on Bible versions. Dr. C was one of Dr. Bob's teachers, and was considered as fundamental as a person could be. There are numerous other articles about him, including detailed bios, but this one should be sufficient for this board. Personally, I hold that man in high esteem.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Moving this to the "Fundamental Baptist Forum" as the version issue is only a minor sidelight in this thread.