1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is There Any Weapon We Should Fear?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, May 26, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought that you would appreciate this word for this time in your life. I know; for me, it is great to keep these words on the tip of my tongue, especially when the enemy closes in and crowds my faith...

Isaiah 54:17 - the Amplified Bible (AMP)

"But no weapon that is formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment you shall show to be in the wrong. This [peace, righteousness, security, triumph over opposition] is the heritage of the servants of the Lord [those in whom the ideal Servant of the Lord is reproduced]; this is the righteousness or the vindication which they obtain from Me [this is that which I impart to them as their justification], says the Lord."

Is there anything that is beyond being possible for those who trust in Jesus?

Matthew 19:26 - Amplified Bible (AMP)

But Jesus looked at them and said, With men this is impossible, but all things are possible with God.

Matthew 19:26 - The Message (MSG)

Jesus looked hard at them and said, "No chance at all if you think you can pull it off yourself. Every chance in the world if you trust God to do it."

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There really is only one weapon.

The fiery darts of Satan, when the believer neglects to hold the Sword of the word and hold up the shield of faith.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."​

3. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I worry about rubber band guns.

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry for you....

be sure to duck :tonofbricks: