1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is there anything I can't do...........

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Shiloh, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Oh, I'm sorry....I see you already have. "Christians looking stupider and stupider"
    "Online Baptist" excuse me.

2. natters

natters New Member

Righteous arrogance is much more damaging to a Christian's testimony than occasionally having a glass of wine.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Since you haven't been particularly polite to since you registered for a BB account, I won't be looking for any change in posting style from you.

Says who? Scripture certainly does not say that, not in the most liberal stretch. But you need to make up your mind. First you were insisting that drinking is a sin, and now that you've been challenged with scripture, you're backpeddling with the old "well, it's not a sin, but it's bad witness" bait-and-switch. In fact, scripture is abundantly clear that alcohol consumption, in and of itself, is permissible. I used it in a permissible manner that did not in any way affect my Christian witness. You're welcome to ask the three other Baptists, two Calvareans, and one Dutch Reformer, who was there at the Easter gathering. And before you come off with the "just because they're [insert denomination here] doesn't mean they're Christians" cop out, I can attest with 100% assuredness that those 6 people are saved.
    With the exception of infusing your man-made doctrine into the scenario, you have not been able to demonstrate an occurrance of putting pleasure over testimony.
    Since you've given none that support your view, that should not be any different.
    No mocking, just refuting of your manmade doctrine. And even there, it is mostly your own comments are self-evident to that fact.
    DOn't evenknow what "baptist online is". And I don't care frankly. If they believe consumption of alcohol is a sin all the time, they're ignorant of scripture.

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, folks, y'all didn't take the hint and lower the temperature on this thread.

Therefore, I am closing it ninety minutes early.