1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is there one TBN Preacher that we can all Aprove?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Rod Parsley can whip a crowd into a frenzy better than any preacher I know. He knows what buttons to push, and he pushes them all.

But he's a WofF, Name It and Claim It, Blab It and Grab It guy, just like most of the rest. If you're looking for Biblical exposition, forget it. I've heard dozens of sermons on health, wealth and healing, but not one on repentance and faith for salvation.

2. music4Him

music4Him New Member

I like Ray and Kirk too and they are preaching salvation. :thumbs: I also like Joyce Myers and most who I speak to about Jesus, will mention Joyce in a positive way. But you know what I have learned there are some people who connect with different preachers with different styles of preaching because of their own lifestyle or simular upbringing.

ie if a preacher has a musical background and uses music in their sermon illistrations... those who know music will connect to that preacher. Those who arn't musically inclined will not and will search for a preacher they can connect too or understand what he is preaching about.

Don't know if that makes since to those reading this but this is the way I have seen it. Also some people like preachers who will get excited and shout, others like soft speaking easy going preachers. To each his own... :wavey:

#22 music4Him, Aug 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2006
  3. Inquiring Mind

Inquiring Mind New Member

Earnest Angsley?

or that guy that tells you touch the television screen!

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

:laugh: Yeah, he tells you to feel the power (static electricity on the TV) of the Holy Spirit through your tv. Somebody needs to tell him you can really feel the power of the Holy Spirit if you stick your finger in a wall outlet!

5. Inquiring Mind

Inquiring Mind New Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

6. cjnreb

cjnreb New Member

Hagee has some good thoughts on occassions, but the church that he pastors has no scriptural authority as he started the church himself. He also has been divorced and remmarried. He also teaches that the Jews and the Gentiles have two totally different plans of salvation.

Adrian Rogers, well I am not going to say anything about him because I will get blasted by everyone.
    There are really no doctrinally sound preachers on TBN. Now if you want to be entertained and get a really good laugh every once in a while, ol' Jesse Duplantis is funny, but he is so far out there theologically that you can tell that he drank too much of that New Orleans water.

7. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Jesse Duplantis is hilarious!!! He should have been a comedian!!!

8. music4Him

music4Him New Member

I dunno here lately I been watching and Jessie D. has been serious during his preaching.

9. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I like his preaching too !!! I was also wondering why is it that most on this board disagree with just about every preacher on tv.... I was wondering that!!!

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You don't believe Charles Stanley to be doctrinally sound?!?

11. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Who has to start a church, for it to have "scriptural authority"?

What is scriptural authority?

Are you saying that if I started a church in my neighborhood and taught the Bible. God would not approve.

12. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Please, feel free to share your disagreements with Adrian Rogers. I won't blast you. I agree with you that pretty much everything on TBN is a bad joke, but, I have not had any problem with Pastor Rogers.

13. music4Him

music4Him New Member

I don't think it stops with the T.V. preachers TaliOrlando~
    If we are all honest here... I would say that we all at one time criticized the preacher in our own church or other preachers in the town we live, that don't belong to our church or denomination. If you have not.... you are either the preacher or a very saintly person and should take up water walking. :smilewinkgrin: If the sermon isn't attacked the preachers clothing or the way they walk will be criticized.

14. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

15. ehaase

ehaase New Member

He is very sound doctrinally. I visited his church many times in 1999 and 2000 when my employer sent me on a detail to Atlanta, and it was the most enjoyable worship service I have been through. The music was fantastic.

However, I think some of his sermons are too psychological. Also, his wife divorced him in 2000. I was there when he announced it from the pulpit. However, he has not remarried, so perhaps it is permissible for him to remain in the pulpit. He will be 74 in September, and it may be time for him to retire. I think his First Baptist Atlanta may dwindle in size when he does retire.

16. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Do you have any "new" material that is more up to date and not written by a bias group? BTW, I am so glad you have never heard your pastor say anything behind the pulpit that you don't agree with or ever said anything that you wished you could take back.

Like I said Tali~
    Some are proving my point in the statement I made in my previous post. :wavey: I still Like Joyce's teaching and in her early years she might not of have a good grounding in the word... but today her teaching is solid, bible based teaching to help and encourage the growing Christian. :thumbs:

17. hill

hill New Member

Adrian Rogers was one of the very few I enjoyed. Charles Stanley, Ravi Zacharias, come to mind but I don't know if they are on TBN or not. I don't usually listen to it.

18. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Can one be sound in doctrine when they deny that man’s will is involved in the salvation process, and state clearly that nothing man does or can do has anything to do with his salvation??

#38 Heavenly Pilgrim, Aug 26, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2006
  19. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Re 8:1 ¶ And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.

This verse just seemed appropriate.

20. Marcia

Marcia Active Member