1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is There Something in the Water?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Arbo, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Seems like there has been more than the normal bickering on BB this past week. Just saw three closed threads this morning in the Theology area alone. People calling others jackasses, threads about Calvinism leading to racism and naziism, and general nastiness freely displayed in public.

Impressive...even for baptists.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

Hey, you got fellas like Luke saying everybody is a sissy except him. So when I start a thread showing how Nazism was a product of Calvinism, the Calvinists cry boo-hoo and shut it down immediately.

You guys can dish it out, but you can't take it. Luke starts threads about me and it is allowed to go on for 10 pages, but if you start a thread about Calvinism it isn't allowed to go on for 10 minutes.

Who are the sissies now?

#2 Winman, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NAZISM!?! :laugh:.....you gotta be kidding me. Think before you post.

4. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

You will note that I generally do not post in the Theology section, and almost never contribute to threads discussing Calvinism et al.

I think you are mistaken to include me in the "you guys' group.

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

Find the thread, I posted links to authors who had shown this very thing. I was prepared to show much more, but you crybaby Calvinists had it shut down immediately.

Like I said, you guys can dish it out, but you can't take it. Big babies.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to take that up with Dr. Bob.....personally I would of barred you from ever posting again but I'm not an administrator, a monitor or a Calvinist.

Since you got big cojones, why dont you try that tactic on some other form like the Puritan one, see how long you last.

#6 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 10, 2013
  7. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm not Reformed nor a Calvinist. That thread was a bad thread and should have been shut down as it was. That kind of posting has no place here or anywhere.

I think this is a valid point.

This is unnecessary.

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

I know you won't believe me, but I did not start the Nazis/Calvinists thread to slam Calvinists. I started it because there is merit to this argument. As that author Fromm wrote, Germany believed the Jews were utterly evil to the core, the non-elect, and that basically they were Satan possessed. It is a lot easier to exterminate evil folks than innocent folks.

As Heir of Salvation pointed out, evolution was also a big factor, and I agree.

This is something people should be able to discuss even if it is distasteful. There happens to be much truth to it.

Go back and listen to that first YouTube video around 2:10 minutes and you will see what I am talking about.

#8 Winman, Feb 10, 2013
  9. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Then why did you say this on that very thread:

"First, this is not a thread designed to attack Calvinism, although it will."

You knew from the minute you posted the thread that there was nothing godly, pure or spiritual about it.

Stop lying to yourself. You hate Calvinists and Calvinism so much that you will stop at nothing and stoop to such low levels as comparing Nazis to Calvinists to try to make your pitiful point.

10. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Anyone can say anything about "anything" but that does not make it true. To state that Naziism is a product of Calvinism is either the product of a perverted mind or the pathetic babble of one who has no idea what Biblical Calvinism is.

11. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :thumbsup::applause::thumbsup::applause:Yes...you have identified the cause of the virus...DR.Mexdeaf!

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

No, what I was really trying to do is start a discussion about how one's religious views can affect their behavior toward other people.

It is a fact that Lutherans and Calvinists in Germany hated the Jews.

If you want to ignore history, that is your choice. But both Luther and Calvin were anti-Semites.

When you teach people that certain persons are utterly depraved and children of Satan, it is easy to convince people it is good to exterminate these people.

Now, these were not the only factors, but they were factors in convincing the German people to round up and exterminate the Jews.

13. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

#13 HeirofSalvation, Feb 10, 2013
  14. Winman

Winman Active Member

#14 Winman, Feb 10, 2013
  15. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

16. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Wrong, actually:

Win's error is not that of a "perverted mind" nor is it "mis-understanding Calvinism".....It is NEITHER.

He has not been taught how to properly apply lessons of history. That is his error.

You are only high-fiving this because it is "pro-Calvie"...that is equally as un-informative as Win's mistaken understanding of proper application of history is.

Icon, your posts would be more convincing if you occasionally pointed out the errors fellow Calvinists make and supporting the correct statements made by Arminians or "non-Cals" rather than merely "High-fiving" EVERY statement EVER made by any Calvinist no matter how ridiculous it may be....
    Honestly, sir, you post some informative and intelligent things often on this board, but you lose credibility when you merely "thumbs-up" everything a fellow Calvinist says. Trust me....there are some pretty stupid things said by Calvinists on a LOT of these threads...you "high-five" ALL of them. You would do better only to support the reasonable statements and leave the ignorant ones un-touched.

#16 HeirofSalvation, Feb 10, 2013
  17. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Let me correct you here- I was not accusing Winman of either- I was stating that such thoughts originated from such.

And it should have gone in the History forum.

18. Winman

Winman Active Member

Oh, I do not think I am in error at all. Yes, there are people who use religion as an excuse to persecute the Jews (and others), but there is very much the PUBLIC who believes and supports these evil politicians because religion justified these actions.

I just posted this:

If I have been deceived, then so have most historians. Perhaps you are not allowing for the real effect of religious teachings on people's actions such as the persecution of the Jews in Nazi Germany.

19. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

20. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.