1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is there such a thing as "Fundamentalist Scholars?"

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks on the outside have to understand something about the Baptist side of the movement. An academic split has developed between what I call the East Texas (Hyles. Shaap, et al.) sub-sector and the Group which came out or descended from the Northern Baptists. One can hardly call the GARBC (one of this group) anti-academic. Central Seminary and the late Pillsbury BBC are ministries of the Minnesota Baptist Association.

2. mjohnson7

mjohnson7 Member

Squire,

I think you make an interesting point - one with which I would agree. There is a clear difference in fundamentalists that descended from Northern Baptists and others, though I never thought about it like that. I think this would be a great topic for another thread, i.e. origins of the various camps within fundamentalism.

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Might just do that though not today. If I do so, it will be in the Fundamental Baptist Forum or the Baptist History.