1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is This A Spiritual Gift?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Steven Yeadon, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, something I shared with a friend recently is that I seem to have a spiritual gift concerning spiritual songs.

I will hear new songs in the background. Beautiful ones. Sometimes it's one instrument, sometimes voices singing hymns, sometimes these voices sound slightly inhuman in a pleasant or awesome way, sometimes the pieces are orchestrated.

I was a singer a while back. I listen and then sing the melody and record them. I am making spiritual songs out of them currently by adapting the songs to lyrics. I have over 12 melodies.

I do have hallucinations as part of an illness but nothing like this, almost always it's effeminate, annoying male voices if illness. Been like that for years and years.

I call this a spiritual gift currently, but I'm not sure if that is the best thing to call it. It certainly seems supernatural, the songs will even respond to me. Stopping when I go to the bathroom, changing with my emotions in a way that lifts me up, and changing sometimes to new music when I ask in prayer for new songs. I have had this gift since 3.5 years ago when I came back to Jesus Christ as a liberal Christian.

Sometimes the effeminate hallucinations will sing my melodies with dirty lyrics in the background, but that is rare and always annoying.

Should I call this a spiritual gift?

2. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry man. I seriously do not know what to say and thats a first. SDG

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is way off track and it's certainly not a spiritual gift. This sounds more like Tourette Syndrome or a demonic influence so I would move away from this and read your Bible again

• Like Like x 1
  4. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Having a talent for music or lyrics (or anything else) does not have to be labeled a spiritual gift to be a blessing and of benefit. There is nothing wrong with taking every musical phrase captive for Christ.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not Tourettes, that is a tic disorder. I was once checked for it. Very different from this.

I'm surprised at your response, I'll be honest that I considered the same thing, but the devil is a lousy adversary if he makes powerful songs about the Cross and Jesus Christ. I just finished the melody and sheet music for my first song. I now need to sing it, share it with my church, and post it on social media. The lyrics are Isaiah 53:4-6 NKJV.

6. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Steve have you ever lived in Indiana? Brownsburg maybe?

7. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. I'm a born and raised Floridian.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is a link to a melody I sang. The song will be called 'A Song of the Cross.' I wanted to confirm what I said in the OP. I felt carried along in places. I dont know how to interpret that. Nevertheless, Glory to God.

A Song of the Cross