1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is This Alarming to Anyone?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by DeadMan, Jun 9, 2006.

1. DeadMan

DeadMan New Member

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

well. looks bad doesn't it.
    BUt on the other hand, our church usually approves different people/organizations to use the building for community events, we are the largest building in town. We're a small town.
    But, we've never had masons either.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

If you're alarmed by that, take a poll of the BB and ask how many are on here.

4. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Would not happen at the church I pastor.

Bro Tony

5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I understand the reticence, but it is a blood drive after all. This helps everyone in the community.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The blood drive or the fact that Mason's are hosting it? Seems like a good cause.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

In our church, there's pretty much no outside organization using it for any use at all. There are a couple of exceptions - but it's usually a ministry that we've worked with.

Annie

8. Gib

Gib Active Member

I can't believe they're doing it between 2pm and 7pm. :rolleyes:

9. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Even if it is a good cause they are endorsing an event sponsered by an occult group. How are they going to stand up and say the what the masons teach is unbiblical (and it is) when they are allowing the masons to use their building.

I would not attend a church that done this. What if the Mormons wanted to use the building for a bake sale? What is the wickins wanted to have a charity consert in the building?

10. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

There are alot of "good" causes out there. If the local church wanted to help the community with a blood drive then let them do it. Would you open your church to a satanic fund raiser for orphans? The cause does not justify opening the church to be used by those who clearly teach contrary to Jesus, this is not why we exist.

So to answer your question, which I feel you already knew the answer to, I would have a blood drive if our church felt led to do that---I would not allow the mason to host anything at the church.

Bro Tony

11. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I agree with DeeJay and Bro Tony. You have to draw the line somewhere, and no bible believing church should allow a group with problematic teachings to use their building, no matter how worthy the cause.

The ends do not justify the means, though this belief is becoming more and more common every day in our society.

12. DeadMan

DeadMan New Member

Well said, Bro Tony! I completely agree.

13. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Blood Drive

Um, you all do realize that this is not at a church, but at a bank. Look at the bottom of the sign and you'll see the bank's logo.

Many banks have community rooms where different groups are allowed to gather throughout the week.

Our church met for years in a bank before we had a building.

There is absolutely no wrong being done here.

All the sign gives is the times that the different groups will be in the building.

It doesn't say that the church is sponsoring the Masons.

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think that's a community sign saying that the blood drive is at the Church. The sign is probably owned by the bank. I'm reading it completely differently than you are.

Annie

15. DeadMan

DeadMan New Member

Actually, it is advertising to be held at 1st Baptist. I saw the church itself less than a mile down the road. And there is plenty wrong with joining forces with groups that are (suppose to be) diabolically apposed to our beliefs.

16. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Who said they were "linked up"? I would let them "borrow" the facilities to do their blood drive. I would be there handing out Gospel tracts and be sure everyone who donated blood got a copy of a tarct explaining how our redemption was PAID IN FULL by the Blood of Christ!!!:praise: :Fish:

It amazes me how isolationists will not see the opportunity for spreading the Gospel!!!:praying:

I reckon it to Calvinism:mad:

17. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Wrong again!!! I would not have the masons sponsoring anything at my church and I am not a Calvinist.

Bro Tony

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I didn't think of this but I think it's a great idea.

Anyone consider the Pastor of this Church may be a Mason?

19. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would agree one could use the event as an opportunity to share the Gospel, why not, they own the building, if the Masons didn’t like it they could find somewhere else.

BTW, Salamander, what is a
    tarct? :tongue3: :laugh:

20. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Well, I'm not a Calvinist and I don't think I'm an isolationist, whatever that is. :confused: At least, no one's ever called me one before.

The problem with handing out the tracts is:
    1. Many Masons are Baptists and will say they already believe what the tract says
    2. By handing out the tracts, people coming to give blood will get a confused message that Masonry and Christianity are compatible
    3. I consider doing this yoking together with a group hostile to the Bible and therefore it is against the passage about yoking together with unbelievers. Handing out the tracts does not make it okay.

Would you think it okay to let Wiccans or Muslilms use the church building for a charity event? Same thing. The beliefs of Freemasonry are as much against the Bible as Wicca and Islam. In a way it's worse, because at least with Wicca and Islam the differences are more clear-cut, but with Freemasonry it's a lot more subtle.