1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this an accurate statement?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Feb 4, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

“The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.”

What do you think?

2. trustitl

trustitl New Member

I would agree. The key is being able to discern the will of God versus ours and knowing the difference between the grace of God and our own strength.

I have done things that I thought was according to the will of God and it it seemed to work out. However over time, I was able to see it was me doing something on my own. The wonderful thing was the God was there "working all things together for good" because I love Him.

The good (or protection) is often not what we originally wanted but is of far more value.

It is easy to be deceived into thinking we are in the will of God and receiving his protection because of our carnal minds.

3. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Whats going on Jim? I hope all is going awesome!!! :0)))

Now about this statement, what if someone is walking out of God's will... wont they suffer the consequenses or will the grace of God be with those who are still walking out of his will. Example: Let's say a criminal kills someone, will the grace of God still be with him to protect him. I ask because most either get shot by the cops when they find them or get the death penalty.

4. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

What do you mean by the will of God? Are you speaking of His decretive or permissive will?

What do you mean by the grace of God? Are you speaking of His special grace or His common grace?

5. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Well, it was just a statement that my friends asked me to post on this board to get your opinions on it. I didnt write it...

6. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Well, taking one strand of this question, then for the Christian, I'll have to say that they are always in the protective grace of God, even though it doesn't seem so at times.

7. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We must remember that God's ways are not our ways and God's thoughts are not our thoughts. It is a fact that the Christian in the will of God is in the safest possible place. Nothing can happen to the child of God who is in the center of His will without God permitting it.

Job is a tremendous example. He was in the will of God but God still allowed Satan to oppress him. Through it all, God's grace was sufficient. God may not always choose to physically protect us like He did Daniel or the three Hebrews boys, but His grace will always be there. He doesn't always keep us from the trial, but He always keeps us through the trial.

8. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

“The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.”

Brothers and Sisters... the statement above is not in the bible correct? I am asking because my friend told me that the reason he asked me was because someone told him that was in the word of God.

9. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

It's a nice statement, but not necessarily true.

Sometimes it is the will of God to send people to places where they will be killed.

For instance, Jim Elliot's mission team to the Auca Indians in South America. The Indians killed them all.

How many people were burned at the stake because they determed to do God's will as they saw it?

I met a man in Romania named Mihai (Michael) Trizu who spent several months in a Communist jail because he openly declared and practiced his faith.

Somestimes, to be sure, God does provide protection, often in miraculous ways. But "never" is too flat a statement.

10. standingfirminChrist

I think a more accurate statement would be, "Where God guides, He provides."

Jim Elliott and his buddies all died trying to witness God's love to the Auca's, but because of their obedience, conviction came later and Jim's wife and the other wives were able to minister to those savage people.

11. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It's a catchy phrase - but not in the Bible.

In Heb 11 we are told of those who were "sawn in two" -- many millions of Martyrs have come and gone over the past 6000 years of life on earth.

But as God said to Paul (who was also martyred) "My grace is sufficient for you". Almost all of the disciples were martyred.

in Christ,

Bob

12. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE
    Well, obviously it's not in the Bible. A concordance will tell you that easily enough.

But the principle of it - as someone else has already suggested - depends on whether one is God's Elect or not. God will lead the godless into cicumstances He certaily will not protect them from harm or whatever. But even were God to lead His Elect -or loved- into temptation or probation - he cannot be untrue unto Himself and will protect you.

13. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God will protect His elect in all difficulties and calamaties heaped upon him - his soul He shall redeem! Lk21:17 I think it is that states, "In your patience preseve ye your souls!"; and patience presupposes any conflict, even harm or whatever.

14. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Exactly!

Unfortunately, I believe that too often we love such 'catchy sounding phrases', that we use them and not use Bible wording that is given.

How about "repent of your sins"; "really and truly believe"; and "Make Jesus Lord of your life" for a couple or three other near to, if not actually, heretical "catch phrases"? :)

Ed

#14 EdSutton, Feb 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2008