1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this Church or the Club? Watch...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Did I miss something???

All of this "someone stalking Donna" stuff?

Did someone post, and try to bully Donna or something, and the post was deleted by a moderator before I logged back on?

If so, this is a 1st time I've heard of anything like this on a thread I'm a part of. I've heard of it happening on discussion boards, but never seen it 1st hand.

What happened? Could someone fill me in?

A PM would be fine

:godisgood:

2. eightball

eightball New Member

I've attended a non-denominational church in our city, that is pastored by a African American and who's congregation is probably 60% black, 20% Asian, 10% Hispanic, and 10% White.

There's no tongues and rolling on the floor in their services, but I'll tell yah, that choir really can get "rock'in". The whole congregation just gets into the joyful mood, and it's quite an experience to be their amongst this congregation.

I believe that most of the Black churches really get into "it" during worship/singing time, and they love to clap, and tap their feet, and often raise their hands. It's wonderful to see white folks, Asians, and Hispanics all very welcomed in this church and enjoying the worship the same way as the Black folks do.

The Pastor is highly respected as a very good bible teacher, too. His name is Paul Shephard. His congregation must number over 1,000 people.