1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this FAIR?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by givengrace, Nov 9, 2008.

1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The question of the thread was whether it was "fair" for a company to discipline a white employee that sent a racial slur via email to an African American employee of the same company after hours and not with company resources.

I answered as candidly as I could and attempted to demonstrate the company not only has the authority, but also a duty to investigate and discipline as their policies dictate.

Whether blacks use the word to refer to other blacks doesn't matter in this case. Whether blacks use the word on T.V. doesn't matter in this case.

The only thing that matters is whether the company has a policy in place (according to federal law) and whether they act according to the policy.

Your story concerning the children you work with is quite moving, and I applaud you for your Christlike attitude.

However, your experience doesn't matter in this case, either.

If you want my advice on how to counsel your friend (and I know you didn't ask), tell her to go to the offended person and apologize and ask for forgiveness for being so insensitive. She should ask what she can do to help her feel comfortable working with her. She should ask the woman if personal or company wide training on the issue would help get them both through this.

I wouldn't bring up the prior email. I wouldn't argue about fair. I wouldn't bring up all the black people, on T.V. or not, who use the word to refer to themselves.

Just apologize and try to get through it.

peace to you:praying:

2. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Nope, my eyes are wide open and I see very clearly the problem here and now today when we live.

This case is nothing but an over-reaction - by the person who made the complaint and the employer that acted on it - to an insignificant act brought about by the government's effort to perform social re-engineering to appease the people of one race over another and by the army of lawyers waiting to make a buck off the resulting litigation that hold companies in fear.

It's wrong because it removes the ability to make sensible judgments. It's wrong because it's not equal justice under the law - one group can continue to use whatever language they want while another can not. This kind of foolishness needs to stop.

It has nothing to do with any of the other issues you've brought up. In fact, that's part of the fire some people keep trying to fan whenever they want there way and can't get by a rational argument. Those are the issues that are thrown out to conjure up that "white guilt" I mentioned and it's worked very well in Congress. It's the speech of the likes of Wright - Obama's former pastor and spiritual adviser - who preaches all manner of hate and contempt towards whites and even uses of the forbidden language to do it.

Those of us alive today weren't around when blacks in Africa sold their brothers into slavery to America. We've never owned any slaves and we've most likely never abused anyone because of their race. Therefore, we should feel no guilt over it and we don't owe anyone anything because of it. We're tired of hearing about it and view it a plain old excuse no longer worth any consideration.

This country ended slavery a long time ago and continued to make improvements in equality among the treatment of people of all races. That's over now. We have equal opportunity now. We don't have discrimination any more except maybe in the opposite direction! People can be whatever they have the skills, motivation, education, and blessings of God to be. They're not held back because of their race.

Plenty of people around the world have been treated much worse than the slaves who once worked here in America. Entire nations were led off into slavery. It's recorded in the Bible more than once. Slavery was wrong - it's always been wrong. But it was invented in America. It was, however, ended in America. All Americas should be proud of that and move on with life today long free of slavery.

The only thing that matters to most employers today - aside from having to be concerned with "diversity" - is that the employee is able to, is willing to, and will actually perform the work they need done. The problem is a lot of people can't, don't really want to, and then don't. They get upset when they get challenged so they rely on "protections" of various classes to compensate. They intimidate their employers into giving them special consideration. What a crock this is! What a burden on America it is! What a poor example it is for others to follow.

What needs to happen now is for the majority of people of the black race to take on responsibility for their own actions or lack of them. They need to stop hiding behind the race mongers - like Jesse Jackson and worse - that have been holding them back. They need to stop worrying about some fool who calls them a name - the rest of us do that and don't go running to somebody to file a law suit over it - and go on about being everything but what the names might imply.

#42 Dragoon68, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2008
  3. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your comment just demonstrates your lack of understanding about this issue.
    Your comment demonstrates you don't understand the law. One group doesn't get to say whatever they want. Everyone in the company abides by the same policies.
    This country ended slavery and replaced it with Jim Crow laws that kept in place the injustices of slavery without the term.
    I seriously doubt you can speak for the whole country concerning discrimination. I have certainly seen it in my own lifetime, and even within the past few years.
    So, many blacks can't do the work, and they don't really want to, and then they refuse to.

Thank Goodness Racism is dead in America!!!

Like I said before, you are blind on this issue and your posts have now proven it.

4. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Let me help you a little!

Racist Alert!
    Racist Alert! Someone challenging civil rights legislation! Someone who's not black discussing issues involving blacks! Racist Alert! Racist Alert!

Does this help?

I suppose bracketing my comments by the banner of racism will make them so to some. I don't care - I speak my mind without apology - and I'm confident most see through that trick!

But, you're correct that racism isn't dead in America. It's alive and well especially in the black community under the leadership the race mongers. They're looking for people who want to follow them and they're real good at stirring things up by playing of old ancestral wounds. But the likes of Jackson and Sharpton are dying down some. But then their are new students of people like Wright singing another version of the same song but with sweeter sounding music. It will sell to many.

You're wrong again! Blacks can do the work if they want to bad enough! There's no reason a person of one color skin can't do as well as other. The problem is we've got too many people telling them they can't - and even shouldn't - because they're discriminated against. It becomes an excuse and it is used. They need to get over that.

When they don't get over it shows real bad - like New Orleans during Katrina for a good example - and everyone can see it. The entitlement class is very much alive among blacks. That's a shame. A lot of people don't say much about it because it's not politically correct but, privately and secretly, they'll tell you. Political leaders are scared to death of it and they cave in to the demands - bogus demands that set new precedence - lest they be labeled as racist. They still get the label anyway which shows how ungrateful people can be.

Oh yes I know what the law states. I've had all kinds of training on it. But it's not equally enforced - it never has been. It's basically law to protect one group against another. It's social re-engineering designed to "correct" a past wrong. It doesn't work like it should. It just feeds lawyers and breeds contempt and distrust among fellow workers.

I've also experienced discrimination. How about that? Except in my case it's reverse discrimination that gives special favors to other people because of their status at birth verses their merit. That's another product of government social re-engineering.

Do I speak for most Americas? I don't know? Based on the election results I'm probably in the minority on a lot of things. But that doesn't change the things I believe are the truth. On the other hand, a lot of people are fed up with the whole issue of what's now expanded to be "diversity" and feel powerless to do anything about it. It's like the government only listens to a small group and enacts laws that get crammed down everyone's throat. Some day it will end - it will change - but it may take more than elections to accomplish it. Maybe Chirst will come again soon and spare us all from it.

#44 Dragoon68, Nov 11, 2008
  5. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    All you have done is vomit out the same old racist sterotypes of Jim Crow. Blacks aren't able to do the work! Blacks are lazy! Blacks can't do the work! Blacks want special treatment because they know they can't do the work without special consideration! Oh, the poor employers who want to hire qualified whites but are forced to hire unqualified blacks. All those blacks who can't take a joke just because someone sends them a racist email should stop overreacting.... blah, blah,blah.....

The very fact you can say the things that you have said without shame, without apology, greatly saddens and disgusts me.

#45 canadyjd, Nov 11, 2008
  6. givengrace

givengrace New Member

Update: My friend who sent the text lost her job. I don't know if she will fight it or not.
    But from what I was told it wasn't ten minites later and it was on a Atlanta radio station.

Just asking for prayer :praying: Thanks

I will also add facts I found out later.
    The message was sent in error she was deleting texts she had been sent and it some how was sent.
    It wasn't the ordinal person who received the text that reported it. It was someone else who she showed it to.
    My friend as soon as she found out the text was sent she called and apologized and explained. And she was forgiven. I'm not in any way saying this makes it right but these were some of the things that were said in some of your relies. Thanks

#46 givengrace, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2008
  7. North Carolina Tentmaker

givengrace:

Your friend needs a lawyer, fast. If she puts it out over the airwaves she may loose some of her ability to negotiate, the threat of publicity is gone if it is alreay public.

Assuming the company has an anti-discrimination policy she can show that the policy was selectivly enforced because she has the earlier text.

She has a very good case for an lawsuit, she has been discriminated against and lost her job because of her race.

I am not excusing what she did, she should not have sent it out accidently or otherwise. She should not use that language in any method of communication. But, she should not have lost her job.

Her lawsuit has nothing to do with the content of the text but should be centered on the selective enforcement of company policies based on the race of the employee.

8. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have prayed for your friend. I hope she finds a new job soon and puts this incident behind her.

9. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

It seems to me you're spewing out the standard response to someone who challenges the sacred cow of civil rights related laws and their consequences to business practices. You've extrapolated what I wrote into something entirely different. It's a tactic used over and over by race mongers around the world. Many people are getting wise to it now and they're fed up with it.
    There's nothing racist in the truth I wrote and attaching that false description to it doesn't make it so. I realize it does hurt some folks to read it. It upsets the scheme they've had our government install for them. They like this special consideration. They like using it when they want to punish someone else.

No one who knows me in daily life would consider me racist even in the slightest. This is evident in all my relationships - in the military, at work, at home, and in church. My family is multi-racial - three races - and multi-cultural in its makeup. I worship with people of different races every Sunday and meet with them at other times as brothers and sisters in Christ. I've reported to people of different races. I've managed people of different races. I've enforced fair and equal treatment in the workplace for years. I, like the rest of us, am a very sinful person before God's righteous standards but racism is not one of my glaring problems. No race monger can hold that false accusation over me!

What you've demonstrated is an example of the gag rule that's been put over our land whereby we are only to speak those things favorable to one point of view. In this case, that point of view is absolute support for and belief in the justice of firing someone for mere words - a zero tolerance policy - in order to avoid the threat of litigation resulting from our government's bogus definition of a "hostile work environment".

You bet I don't apologize for what I've written! There's nothing to apologize about. I have the advantage of not being a politician in need of being politically correct in order to buy the votes of mindless citizens. I prefer to think things out, see them as they are, and name them what they are.

The absolute truth of the case described in the original post is not known to any of us. We don't have all the facts. However, the type of action described, based on the information provided, is an example of an overreaction to a relatively minor problem and most likely has complicating factors including the willing participation of the complainant in similar behavior in other venues and perhaps even with the accused. It's very common in cases like this these days. Judgment is needed. Alternates are needed. Tolerance is needed. Fairness is needed. Equity in needed.

No shame, no apology, and no retreat! I fear God Almighty and try hard not to fear men and the power they wish to have over me. One day I hope our citizens rise up to restore this freedom to our land.

#49 Dragoon68, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2008
  10. givengrace

givengrace New Member

Teacher suspended for racial slur

I found this I thought I'd ask what do yall have to say?

October 02, 2008 09:10:00 PM
    Staff and wire reports
    MARIANNA — A Marianna Middle School teacher was suspended after students said he used a racial epithet directed at presidential candidate Barack Obama.

Seventh-grade social studies teacher Greg Howard was given a written reprimand on Wednesday for "racially inappropriate comments" he made in his classroom on Sept. 26, according to a Jackson County School Board news relase.

Howard reportedly wrote the word CHANGE as an acronym on the board and wrote an expletive with the letter "N." The phrase he wrote has been reported as "Can You Help A (expletive) Get Elected" and "Come Help A (expletive) Get Elected." School district officials did not return calls seeking comment Thursday, and Howard could not be reached.

Howard was suspended without pay for 10 days that began Thursday, and he was relieved of his football coaching responsibilities and transferred to the Jackson County Adult Education Program, according to the release. He also will be required to submit a letter of apology to the students involved in the incident and attend diversity and sensitivity training, the district reported.

"Actions of this nature are inappropriate (and) will not be tolerated by the Jackson County School Board," the news release states.

11. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I should hope not! AND I think he's very lucky it's only a ten day suspension with removal from coaching duties.

12. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I agree with this discipline but would have made it for a month instead.

I also want the black teacher that was trying to indoctrinate her students into supporting Obama to receive equal discipline. This is the one seen on the YouTube video suggesting to white student that McCain would keep her father in Iraq for 100 years.

#52 Dragoon68, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2008
  13. givengrace

givengrace New Member

If you agree with this then are you saying that My friend lossing her job isn't fair?

14. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

This was a public school teacher in a classroom teaching young people.

I've already made my points regarding your friend and this doesn't change any of them. From what I understand of that situation it was an overreaction.

Judgment is required.