1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this offensive?

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Bible John, Jun 18, 2006.

1. eyeball

eyeball New Member

baptistmom has a good point here:

The wording of your advertisement suggests highly of an attitude "I am looking for somebody worthy of me."

Perhaps you might consider "I am looking for somebody for whom I am worthy." Our own personal standards are not the only valid truths in our lives-- as shown in your ad, there are those whom you have learned much from and seek to emulate in order to become a better person. I do not think it wrong to have a similar kind of attitude when exploring relationships.

Instead of saying, "I want her to be good enough for me", perhaps you could approach it as "I want to be good enough for her". I think it might surprise you, how such attitudes can positively affect the progress of your courtship endeavors.

2. Bible John

Bible John New Member

I have to leave for work but please PM me so I will remember to make these changes.

Thank you

John