1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by DHK, Apr 11, 2014.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God judges the thoughts and intentions of the heart. One person preys, another person falls. Sorry, you are not God to make such a blanket statement concerning all people and all situations. I recommend you drop your stones and walk away from this. :praying:

2. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

So you think that a middle aged man naturally is attracted to 13 year-olds?
    We aren't talking about a stranger, walking by on the street, whose age and maturity level are a mystery. We are talking about someone he knew.

Going and picking up a hooker, for a 1 night stand, is "falling".

Developing a relationship with a child , that you have access to due to your vocation, into a sexual relationship, is pre-meditated predatory ambition. It requires much thought, planning, and manipulation of many people and situations.

This is why WE THE PEOPLE, have made a law against it, and this man is serving time, as an expression of this will of his peers.

Even the heathen recognize the difference between the two above mentioned sins. One brings a lengthy prison sentence, the other brings a nominal fine.

Anyone can "fall" for a co-worker, and we all should walk circumspectly, but no-one "falls" for a child, when they are 40 years removed from their own childhood.

There is a great rash of Wolvery, among the Nicolaitan IFB.
    It is systemic.
    It is a result of our false doctrine, especially concerning church leadership, and "pastoral authority".
    Corrupt power structure, without checks and balances, lures corrupt people, and corrupts the sincere.

But, whether you are naive, or not, the God ordained powers that be have already wielded the sword of Justice, and this wolf will remain labeled as a wolf for the rest of his life. He will be banned from sheepfolds, he will be watched by shepherds and sheepdogs alike.
    He is a sex-offender.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I see this in the RCC of course. It is rare in the IFB. Where is your documentation before making such foolish statements.

4. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Which statement(s) do you consider foolish?

What ,in your estimation, makes them foolish?

Please pick one, and we can discuss it. I will gladly delve into an explanation of any statement I have made.

I will remind you that the former pastor of First Baptist Church of Hammond, IN, and chancellor of Hyles-Anderson College, arguably the most influential IFB institution at it's Zenith...is serving time for this very thing, at this moment.

Can we start, there?

Bob Gray (JAX) can be next.

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Even the Pharisees knew when to drop the stones and walk away. :praying:

6. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

The proper authority has dealt with this.
    He is now a sex-offender, registered for life.
    He is serving his sentence, so the stones were already thrown.

Our discussion adds not one second to his sentence.
    Our pleas could not reduce it for a day.

Try to find some apples, for this apples discussion.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes a few have fallen, probably more in the SBC, and many more in the different denominations under the Umbrella of the Charismatic movement.
    You are reminding me of Luke who has a bone to pick with the IFB, and chose them just to be contentious. Tell me, what denomination has not had their failures?

The problem with the RCC is that it is systemic within their organization. They are not forthcoming. Justice is not done. I provided you a link where the UN assesses their situation accurately and tells how the RCC can do more.
    The problem as one poster recently put it is: deeds not words.
    That is the way the Bible puts it also:

1 John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
    --The words of the Pope are meaningless unless they are followed up with "deeds and truth."
    To this date they are not.

8. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Also in their doctrine! When you make celebacy the STANDARD for ordination you are denying the very thing God designed in nature and thus frustrating natural expression.

It is one thing to recommend celebacy conditioned upon God's gift of grace to be content in that state but it is quite another thing to make it the STANDARD for ordination.

Homosexulation, fornication, and other illicit sexual sins are STANDARD among the RC preisthood and nunnery's due to false doctrine.

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is you who began this discussion condemning the man to hell. Has nothing to do with serving a sentence. The woman caught in adultery had to live with her public humiliation, yet Jesus did not condemn her to hell. My apples are right on point. :thumbs:

10. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Again, specifically regarding the OP, I see that it is totally reasonable for an individual to ask for forgiveness for the sins of those who are under his authority.

Much has been said about how, in the past, the Catholic church looked the other way as various priests were reassigned rather than removed and prosecuted. However, today many priests have indeed been prosecuted and are serving prison sentences.

Should more be done and should there be more organizational transparency? Of course. However, the acknowledgement of this and his request for forgiveness is a good step in the right direction.

11. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt-offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and renounced God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually. Job 1:5

#31 kyredneck, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
  12. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Agreed, and I didn't mean to lift the RCC up, as handling it better.

But many IFB leaders knew of Bob Gray's "problems", I believe, yet he never saw prison til he hit 70.

13. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Adultery is a result of failure to restrain our natural affection.

Child molesting is not.

Oranges.

14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    .....God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.....

15. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't even understand this reference, but, hey, It' s God's Word, so it' s good.

16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Well, your a prophet aren't you? You should understand the reference :smilewinkgrin:

Blessings brother! :tongue3: