1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this Teacher special

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That is amazing!!!! Who knows what that small gesture does in the heart of a young adult or a struggling person who is feeling unloved and all alone?? I absolutely love it. :)

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

That is very sweet!

It sounds like something my English teacher in high school would have done. She gave us her phone number before we graduated and said she didn't care if it was five or ten years later, we could always pick up the phone and call her if we needed to talk or something. I still remember her taking me aside and yelling at me because "you're not bad at writing, you're the best writer I've seen and you're going to enter a contest." She believed in me when I didn't believe in myself.

She's probably long gone...she was old when I was in high school. I'll never forget what she gave me though, and what she gave me was a lot more than a few lessons in how to diagram a sentence.

4. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I know of a special ed teacher who visits at least one of her students on the weekend and attends the planning meetings that helps find solutions and plan the care for this student. On Sunday she attended her own church and then rushed over to ours in order to spend time with this student.

Let none of us forget the power of even the smallest examples of Christ's love.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

Every human skill and occupation has a bell curve of ability. Two more teacher examples are the math guy from California and the music teacher from the east coast. It is obvious in professional sports but not in public school teaching. The vast majority are 20 to 80 percentile in ability and can and do their job. It is not "fair" to judge your local school teachers by these top two percenters.

6. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

We need to do this for our Pastors and teachers in church. They do so much for us in preaching and teaching the word each week.