1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this the answer to the debate

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by percho, Jan 18, 2013.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinism and Arminianism

Does to be, “under the law,” mean that the law has shown you what sin is and has shown you that you are a sinner and therefore subject to the wages of sin; Death?

Now what removed you from being, “under the law”? Who does the word of God say, Died for you?

Galatians 3:22 states scripture has concluded all under sin. Per Romans 3:20 it is by the law that these sinners have knowledge they have sinned, therefore they are under sin by being under the law.

Galatians 3:23 states all were kept under the law, that is subject to being paid the wages of sin, death
    until the faith came.

Galatians 3:225 states that after the faith came you were no longer under the law, called here the schoolmaster.

It was Christ giving his life by shedding his blood that justified, reconciled you to God the Father, removing you from being under the law, the death penalty.

The death of Jesus Christ is the faith which removed you from being under the law, the death penalty.

Grace is what makes the faith effective to you. If there had not been any grace of God the Father you would still be under sin, made knowledge of by the law and still subject to death forever.

Death cannot give life. Only life can give life.

1 Cor. 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith vain; ye are yet in your sins.
    Gal. 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
    Rom. 3:22 Even the righteousness of God by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

The grace of God was the resurrection of Jesus his Son.

The faith of Christ his death is vain if God the Father has not raised him from the dead.

John Calvin did not understand this and neither did Jacobus Arminius.

Eph. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: the gift of God:

In my humble opinion that verse has nothing to do with what you do or believe. It is a statement of fact about how salvation for sinful man was brought about.

Does anyone agree with me that this is the correct understanding of these scriptures??????

The Spirit was received by the hearing of this faith. As Jesus himself said If he did not go away the Comforter would not come. As it is said in Acts 17:2,3 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like to comment on my OP.

Let's reconcile say faith in Hebrews 11 with what is in my OP.

It is the same faith.

Romans 3:30 YLT yes, also of nations; since one [is] God who shall declare righteous the circumcision by faith, and the uncircumcision through the faith.

Until Christ's death it was the Circumcision and they would be justified by faith, that is the faith to come. That was the faith Hebrews 11 all died in. The death of the promised seed was the faith of Abraham. After the death of Christ the uncircumcision and they would be justified by the faith that did come.

By the way the servant of Abraham, Eliezer, died of the faith of Abraham.
    that the beggar (Greek Lazarus/Elierzer, Hebrew) died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: