1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this true? If so, are millions of Christians being deceived?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by LadyEagle, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Marcia is right. Moon owns that Washington Times, which is pro-Republican. That seems to be good enough for many Christians. God's Word is authoritative, except when in conflict with the interests of the GOP.

2. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

No problem: especially when:

1. You were absolutely right, and hit the nail on the head.
    and
    2. You too are a citizen of the Commonwealth!!! [​IMG]

[If any of you aren't in Virginia, you can stop reading here.]

Hope you weekend has been as fabulous as mine. I went to Jamestowne Island today for celebration to commemorate the meeting of the first legislative assembly in Virginia (1619). Tomorrow is going to be spent @ Virginia Beach (after church, of course!) and hopefully some saltwater kayaking, and if it rains, running along the beach in the downpour. Isn't life in Virginia just incredible?

BTW, I am still planning on coming to Northern Virgina and attending one of your discussions.

BiR

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Sounds like a great weekend -- mine was nothing like that. Being in No VA is not really like being in VA, if you know what I mean. For one thing -- no beach here. I'm sure you're aware that people in VA really believe that VA is two states: No VA and the rest of VA. [​IMG] I'm 4 miles from D.C. and about 5 miles from the Washington Monument but hardly ever go into DC.

Great! Actually, my next talk is in Richmond -- it's a special deal to reach unchurched Gen Xers and will be in a restaurant on Aug. 17. Go to my site and email me from there if you want more details. This will be different from most of my talks but you might be interested. I also have another talk to young adult groups from 3 churches in Richmond in September.

4. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Sweeping assertions with very little by way of evidence to back them up. Typical of conspiracy theorists. Take out a subscription to the National Enquirer if you're into that sort of thing.

Yours in Christ

Matt