1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is this wrong?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by kubel, Sep 3, 2005.

1. kubel

kubel New Member

I'm a member of a secular computer discussion board. I was asked by one of the admins to remove my signature, which was Romans 1:16 (For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth) in an instant message because it can be offensive to some members.

So I told him "I understand", and then proceeded to change my signature.... to Matthew 5:10 (Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven). :D

Do you think this is rebelious, or do you think this is standing up for the Gospel?

2. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

"You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." ;)

Do you think this is rebelious, or do you think this is standing up for the Gospel?

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Do you think that webmaster respects your chritianity more or less now? Theres where you'll find your answer.

4. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

I think you are standing up for the Gospel!
    May the Good Lord Bless you and keep you!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Kubel

I think you are standing up for what you believe.

I have seen so many pagans that are allowed to use their statement of faith ... but, we are the intollerant ones ...

Read Luke 12: 5

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

That is Who I fear. I just never seem to fear Him enough

7. Soulman

Soulman New Member

If they are offended by a gospel reference, so be it. You aren't preaching. If the very reference that you are a christian is offensive, let em ask you to leave. They aren't worth your time.

8. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

I used to sign my emails and have on my business card "Will you be smoking or non after death?" While many people ignored it or came up with their own conclusion, it provided the opportunity to explain myself to others who would ask about it. I had the chance to share the gospel with that signature.

Later, as I grew a little wiser I looked at it from the point of view of someone that did not know Christ. I decided that I wanted to open the door to salvation and NOT to punch them in the nose with salvation. Several had remarked that that it was offensive, so I considered what they said. I want to draw people to Christ and not be a stumbling block.

9. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Unless the message board belongs to you, you are being rebellious and bringing shame to the Gospel!

[​IMG]

10. I tried using scripture to prove my points on a Americas politics board and they ended up banning me. They said scripture can neither be proved or disproved, when I proved they were WRONG ! they banned me. So I just learned Satan is the ruler of this world why fight it? If you can fight it fine, just don't be surprised when they kick you off ;)

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The owner of the board calls the shots. If you wanna play in his yard, ya gotta play by his rules.

12. Doc1932

Doc1932 New Member

It's a shame so many people are offended of anything that has to do with the gospels, or anything religious for that matter.

But it is his playground!

13. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

How long do you think it would last here on Baptistboard if someone chose the handle "BeelzebubRules"?

14. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

You know, for once I agree with Aaron. Although, if I had my preference, no one would be banned on any board for anything short of extreme trolling.

15. kubel

kubel New Member

Well he edited it out either last night or this morning. It's amazing that others can have signatures with their beliefs, but when a Christian can't heave theirs. Oh well. It's not the first time something like this happened. At least I'm not being martyred :D .

Yes, it's his turf. I understand he has the right to do what he wants on his board.

I'll post my farewell and explain why I'm leaving and then leave it at that.

16. Whats extreme trollimg mean ?

17. kubel

kubel New Member

Trolls are people that provoke really bad arguements and flaming. They start or spark heated discussions and get their kicks from watching it spiral out of control.

Anyway- people were asking why I left, so I explained that if my God is not welcome, that makes me not welcome, since my faith is such an integrated part of my life. It's hard for the world to understand.

They think Christ is just some ideal that can be separated from the person and swept to the side- but all too often he comes out... it's kind of hard to keep the gospel inside. Even if that means just posting a little signature that includes a verse.

18. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Kubel

I say again: Standing up for faith is required of us. Sometimes the Gospel is offensive.

For the others: Kubel can post if he wants.

19. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

I agree with El_Guero in that other pagan types can have any signature that they want.

I recommend that you point out a few, and then point out the administrators select intolerance toward you before you sign off.

BTW, I would also post the Gospel to the board, and also privately to the administrator and then sign off permanently.

20. buckster75

buckster75 Member

where is this happening? in US we have freedom of speech and expresion. this bologna of discriminating against christians needs to stop. is it freedom of religion or freedom from religion?