1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is to be Cleansed or Free From All Sin, Sin?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Moriah

Moriah New Member

praise the lord! Praise the lord! Praise the lord!

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Then don't be naive, and answer my post, #56.

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Thanks Moriah for sharing that. Take your choice. Do you desire the early or later service time slot? :)

4. Heavenly Pilgrim

DHK, you have my answer. :thumbs:

5. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I prefer both. :)

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Are you as holy as God? Perfect and sinless?

7. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I hate to rain on your party but God does not receive praise that is rooted in false doctrine. That is precisely the root of your praise on this particular thread and it is an abomination in God's eyes.

According to God's Word you do not have any truth within you (1 Jn. 1:8) and you make God a liar (1 Jn. 1:10) and thus that does not give God praise but rather is an assault upon His glory.

God is praised by love defined by righteousness and truth in both our actions, beleifs and words. Everything is is SLOPPY AGAPE and doctrines of demons.

The righteousness of God is the "glory" of God and standard by which we are judged by and Paul's conclusion is that all men have come short (Rom. 3:23). Absolute sinlessness, or being perfect "EVEN AS YOUR FATHER IS" perfect is the only standard that God has of righteousness. He is not almost sinless but sinless altogether. God has never needed repentance or forgiveness or remission of sin and that is the standard by which God judges righteousness, a righteousness that never ever needs forgiveness - that is what it means to be "perfect EVEN AS your Father in Heaven is Perfect."

Where are you going to get THAT STANDARD of righteousenss Moriah and HP? Without that standard hell is certain. That standard can only be found in the life and death of Jesus Christ alone and that standard is never IMPARTED to anyone this side of glorification! Thus this side of glorification the only way anyone can justified before God or God judge righteous by THAT STANDARD is through faith alone in Christ's righteousness and have that righteosness IMPUTED by fatih.

Your so-called "righteosness" of IMPERFECT sinllessness can justify no one!

8. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is troubling to see someone declaring themselves sinless. Reminds me of Jesus rebuking the Pharisees to no avail.

9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Do you not have any idea of the evil you speak?
    Jesus Christ Himself saved me. I have a powerful testimony. Your claims against me are horrid, as is your defense for sinning.

10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Let me explain to you a little about the Pharisees.
    The Pharisees and teachers of the law were the only people who were not baptized with John’s baptism. That means they never repented of their sins in preparation to the coming of the Lord Jesus.
    The Pharisees did not acknowledge Jesus Christ as the Son of God.
    The Pharisees nullified God’s word because they added to it with traditions of men.
    For you to say HP and I remind you of the Pharisees is ridiculous.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Arrogance, and accusing others of evil-speaking are both sins--that coming from a person who claims sinlessness.

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Are you pretending that you did not read what Biblicist said to me?
    As for you saying it is a sin to tell others they are speaking evil, you are wrong again.

13. Heavenly Pilgrim

There is also some flat out lying and putting words into others mouths going on, but God will fight those battles.:thumbs::godisgood:

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Biblicist freely admits he is a sinner before God, as I do also.
    But you do not. You claim sinlessness. And at the same moment you are claiming sinlessness you are sinning by posting vile things from your keyboard on this board against another believer. You don't find that odd and hypocritical.

OTOH, the Bible says about Jesus: "He was reviled, yet he reviled not."
    But that is not you.

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

John 8:55 Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and keep his word.

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I do know him Moriah.
    Unlike you I humbly realize who I am before God, and agree with John:

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

I am not deceived; and I have the truth.

Those who say they are sinless are deceived and the truth is not in them.

17. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Goodnight DHK.

18. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Back to the OP. "Is to be cleansed or Free from all sin, sin?" No, the Bible calls that glorification.

However, to claim this BEFORE glorification is sin as that claim is explicitly dealt with in scripture and called self-deception and those who teach it are said to have NO TRUTH in them:

"If we say WE HAVE NO SIN we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us."

Moriah and HP make this claim. Hence, they are self-decieved and there is "no truth" in them.

Indeed, that is only the tip of the iceberg. For anyone to make such a claim requires ignorance of the Law of God, ignorance of the true gospel of Jesus Christ and ignorance of the essentials of salvaton.

They are ignorant of the Law of God because they neither understand or know what the Law defines as righteousness or sin. Righteousness is defined by the law of God as to be "even as" God's sinless state - never in need of repentance, never have sinned, never will sin - sinless in the absolute sense - this is the "GLORY" of God and Moriah and HP HAVE come short of that glory (Rom. 3:23 and do come short of that glory every single moment of their existence and that is precisely why Paul said "I AM" the cheif of sinners because those with any spirituallity see more of their own PERSONAL sinfulness the closer they walk with the Lord and more righteousness that belongs solely to him and obtain solely through faith in Him.

They are ignorant of the Biblical definition of sin as they define sin just like the Pharisees - restricted - so they can live above it. However, anything you say or do for the wrong motive is sin (1 Cor. 10:31) as the only right motive is the "glory of God." Living above sin requires loving both God and man with 100% of your whole being 100% of the time. Failure to resist wrong thinking is sin and there is WRONG/SINFUL thinking.

They are ignorant of the true gospel of Jesus Christ. They reject Jesus Christ because they reject the absolute sufficiency of His own personal righteousness to have completely satisfied the righteousness demanded by the Law of God against sinners in behalf of believers but instead "they go about trying to establish their own righteousness have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth."

They are ignorant of the nature of true salvation as they reject justification by faith in the righteousness of Christ but turn salvation into the Phariseeic equivilency of self-righteousness by do good works. They pervert the Biblical doctrine of progressive sanctification by making it the substitute for justification by faith and they reject glorification by substituting progresssive sanctification in its place.

In short, they must deceive themself about the whole Biblical doctrine of soteriology and therefore there can be "no truth" in them.

#78 The Biblicist, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
  19. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually the Pharisees wanted to be baptized but John rebuked them because they already believed they were sinless which is a sin in and of itself.

Believing in Jesus Christ did not make you sinless Moriah. What it did was forgive you for your sins - past, present and future.

20. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The Bible says the Pharisees and teachers of the law were the only people who were not baptized. John rebuked people when they were simply being baptized and not really giving up sin---they had not really repented. Repenting is being sorry for your sins and desire to stop those sins. Something some here claim we do not have to believe to be saved. However, scripture tells us that we must.
    Are you one of the people here that claims we do not have to be sorry for our sins before Jesus saves us? If you say yes, then no wonder you have so much trouble understanding what I say.
    You do not understand things in the Bible, no wonder you do not understand things that I say. It is not an excuse though for you to accuse me of things that are not true.