1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

is trimming nose hair a sin?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by timothy 1769, Jul 19, 2003.

1. MaryKay

MaryKay New Member

Be careful ladies, too much laughing may be sinful.As for the hair ,I say go for it.Mk [​IMG] :D :D

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well I KNOW wearing high heels is a sin because an unsaved man my husband works with said it makes a woman's legs very attractive. So no more heels, girls! And while we're at it, if God didn't want us to stink, he wouldn't have given us arm pits so I'm thinking there must be some rule about deoderant and toothpaste somewhere...
    but hubby says he'll leave me if I start stinkin' so I have to submit and clean up my act. :eek:

:D :D :D Diane ;)

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

huuummmm, I wonder, I don't reall seeing soap listed in Genesis. Wonder if Adam and Eve bathed, or needed to.

4. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Another thread that seems to have very little value.
    Murph

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

Thats strange, laughing might be a sin, yet the bible says laughter is like a medicine.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

Murphy, I'm sorry you don't get it, but you shouldn't either becasue you weren't here. Some of us had so many stones thrown at us we are about bashed to death. Sometimes life is hard, especially when your under persecution, that you just have to stop and laugh sometimes. Laughing relives stress that might show up in not nice ways.
    Besides whats wrong with a good laugh?
    Smile Murphy [​IMG]

7. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

With all due respect I feel that some of you dear ladies may be the ones who don't get it. #1 as I said in another similar thread why was the moderator button not pulled to alert us of a problem, I am not saying a problem did not occur but I am saying that I would appreciate being notified in the future. #2 There is nothing wrong with a good laugh as long as it is not at the expense of another. I dissagreed with much that HCL had to say but I am saddened to see her leave our board and just incase she is reading these threads I am certain she will be hurt by some who are reveling in her departure as well as starting so many threads that I am sure she can see she is the intended target of. I understand that many of you have been hurt but is it a christian responce to return hurt to another or laugh at their leaving. Please don't misunderstand my comments as an attack I am simply trying to keep the peace.
    Murph

8. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Murph: This thread was started by a male poster who defended most of HCL's posts. I doubt that it is aimed at ANYONE, least of all HCL.

I, for one, am not reveling in HCL's departure. I did not agree with her, but I certainly respected the fact that she was living up to her personal convictions.

I am wondering why Dr. Bob closed the thread that I started AFTER this one and left this one open? Surely, it couldn't be because this one was started by a man??? :confused: (Yes, that was in jest)...

[​IMG]
    Sue

9. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

I believe the best course might be to close this one as well. I appreciate Dr. Bob's assistance and will now follow his lead.
    God Bless
    Murph