1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Warren an ecumenicalist?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salamander, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

But those wars were God-directed -- directly. God spoke through his prophets and directed these wars. These were usually God's judgments on pagan nations. We do not have God telling people directly today to fight such and such a war.

I am not necessarily saying war is wrong, just that this argument is invalid, imo.

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

God did that in the Old Testament. My belief is that Israel is a special case and that Jesus' words to us when He was on earth take precedence over the directions given specifically to Israel.

Jesus brought us a new covenant, a new hope for forgiveness and a new way of approaching God. I try to respond directly to what He taught us. The advice given to God's special people (not America or any other country) does not overrule the words of Christ.

3. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Um, Jesus is God.:godisgood:

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

And your point is?

5. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Jesus is God.

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Yes, Jesus was the son of Mary. No matter how his name is pronounced in ANY language.

And to sort out any confusion you may have- Hispanic Baptists and Catholics say his name the same way. "HEY-sus'. Just as they say God's name as "The-os" (Dios).

On another interesting note- did you know this? (Ojalá appears in the Reina-Valera Bible four times.)

The Spanish phrase, ojalá (que), and the Portuguese phrase, oxalá (que), both meaning "I hope (that)," "would (that)," "would to God (that)," etc., are both derived from the Arabic law šāʾ Allāh (that is- God willing). This phrase is an example of the many words borrowed from Arabic due to the Muslim rule of some areas of the Iberian Peninsula from the eighth to fifteenth centuries. (from Wiki, inserted words in bold are mine for clarification)

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mistake.I was responding to something on page number one -- a little late I'd say.

#127 Rippon, Feb 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2009
  8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I never said differently. In fact, I fail to see what point you are trying to make in regards to this thread.