1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Your Baby Gay? What If You Could Know? What If You Could Do Something About It?

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by Martin, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

That's a story. Like I said, have any of you actually seen it? Animals mount each other all the time. That doesn't make them gay. Since God says homosexuality is an abomination, it's unlikely that animals are gay, since that would mean they could sin. Animals don't sin.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've never seen humans perform homosexual acts - and I really don't care to - but I don't doubt that they take place.

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You don't have to see humans do it. They freely admit it. Had any animals tell you about their sex life lately? :laugh:

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. But all of my dogs are spayed or neutered. :)

But seriously, we need to take into account what the effects of The Fall have been on humans, as well as the animal world and the world in general.

For example, if man hadn't fallen into sin, then we wouldn't have tornadoes killing people.

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

If a dog jumps you does that mean you took part in a homosexual act with a dog? Just asking.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it doesn't.

8. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

My dogs have been neutered also and they still do that mounting thing. We yell "stop that" and call them perverts. :laugh:

Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread. It's just a little humorous to me, thinking animals are gay. There are also male and female flowers and plants. Can they be gay as well?

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, our female dogs do that, too. It's just a dominance thing with them.

Of course, it is much more serious when male prisoners express their dominance that way in prison.

It was strange the other day when I saw one our neutered male dogs hump one of our spayed female dogs. That was the first time I had seen him do that and he wasn't attempting to show dominance. :)

10. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know if animals can really be called "gay" since the term assumes a level of moral choice and animals do not have moral choice. Animals act out on instinct and/or learned behavior. God does not hold animals morally accountable for how they respond to their "drives" or "urges". However, as this study shows, there are animals that do prefer other animals of the same sex. I refer you back to Mohler's article for a discussion of the research. Scientists believe there maybe a biological cause for this. How does this affect humans? Well once they find the root cause in animals they can look to humans to see if some humans who are tempted with homosexual feelings have the same biological traits. If so can those things be reversed in a human as in a ram?

Now, let me be clear, even if some biological trait is found to lead to homosexual urges/temptations in some people that in no way excuses homosexual behavior. Morality is not determined by fallen human biology rather morality is determined by God's Word. However if some underline biological root for the temptations can be found maybe there will be a way for medical science to help those people end those temptations.

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Do any of you feel "used" when your dog does that?

[​IMG]

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Studies are subjective. These same scientists are telling us that hair spray is making the polar ice caps melt. I can't wait to hear what product we are using that is making the CO2 caps on Mars melt... :rolleyes:
    We will never know, because it will never happen. Even if scientists claim they have found "proof" there is a gene, I won't buy it. They also claim there is "proof" that we came from monkey's...

13. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder if this was 350 years ago how many of the people posting in this thread would have accepted the "proof" that the earth revolves around the sun.

14. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally, I never thought you were.:thumbs:
    And that's the BB for you!
    Amen! And we'll all agree in Heaven, for sure!:saint:

15. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Is the world flat? Did the U.S. actually land on the moon. I assume this is good science. You can't simply reject it because it isn't what you want to hear.

16. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

How come I don't see cats "mounting", like dogs, 'neutered' or not? Just wonderin'. :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I had a cat that did that....on everything! She was spayed too! She had issues.:laugh: :laugh:

18. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Good point as to what is acceptable to man. The world has now decided it is unhealthy to smoke; just as most of our prescription drugs have proved to be so, in over use. It depends upon the person I believe, plus how much is too much for the individual.
    We can make our own sins, and we should leave it that way, not trying to force what we believe to be sin on others, when a habit is not sin to them. Sins are defined in scripture, not what others tell us they believe are sins.
    Addiction is not only of some substance, but also of desire. As you say when we try that first smoke we may decide to stop or continue. When we continue we acquire a habit, and in this habit we continue to smoke. Cigarette smoking is a habit we become addicted to.

I have a habit of having a cup of coffee every morning, and continue to do so, with three or four following during the day. This habit is approaching the number of years I smoked. I still enjoy my coffee, so I'm addicted to this habitual ritual I believe God allows me to enjoy.He freely gives us all things.
    Spiritually die because one smokes? Happy you won't be on the bench when our awards are handed out. All who smoke do not die of lung cancer. No Christian will Spiritually die (lake of fire) for they are saved. Some may think they sin by smoking, but the sin is of self, not of God. There are enough sins as shown what is sin in scripture. Why do we wish to make up more? God tells in scripture what is sin, and some one else tells us there are now new sins He left out.
    Everybody that smokes will die of lung cancer, and any that don't smoke will not die of cancer?
    All who ever drank alcohol will have cirrhosis of the liver, and those who never drank alcoholic beverage will not?
    All Homosexuals will get Aids, and all others will not?
    Apply the same here as "skinny's" succumb just as the "chubby's, or overly so".

Those that go to extreme on any of the above could wind up with undesired results, but some who never indulge at all could also develop the same diseases. We are going to die whether we do or we don't. Spiritually die of one (one of the above) I can see if continued, but not because of overdoing it. I can't find that in the other three. Just smoking regularly some, drinking regularly some, and eating regularly some is not going to kill, and certainly won't send anyone to hell.
    Amen. Sins beginning was in the Garden.
    *All will and do have "ungodly thoughts".

*We can dwell on thoughts ungodly, calling things sin that are not sin in themselves, and dwell as we judge in these thoughts we enjoy dwelling on.

Down the list we move to that temptation, beginning to enjoy dabbling in unjust judgment, convincing ourselves this action must be right; then adapt to our lifestyle, thus becoming addicted to this disease of judging. Death then comes ending whatever habit/s we had that became an Addiction.
    But praise God for His Mercy and His Grace for offering Himself to take all our sins away. Death came by that first man, that God created and formed from the earth, but everlasting life came by His second Son, His Only Begotten Son also made and formed from the earth. In Adam (the flesh)we die, but those in Christ (Spirit) live for we hold within limits those things we would not do, but do in the bodies we live in.

In these bodies we can eat, drink, inhale what is pleasurable to us, love, work and for those married, is given to them to become one, being fruitful and multiply, thanking, and praising God for the bounty he provides for us. Or we can look aghast at what God has furnished, thinking we are not to partake of what God furnishes, such as the meat of animals, and certainly not of the "fruit of the vine", or that of the ground, which is "purified in fermentation" for the safety of our bodies sake.

Smoking? Probably the best tranquilizer for stress in the world, when used within limits. I wonder if God had anything to do with creating the seed of the tobacco plant?

19. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Definitely sounds like it! [​IMG]

Probably why "Precious Pup" is laughing!

Ed

20. GodsRealTruth

GodsRealTruth New Member

This gentleman writing this article has become greatly deceived. The idea that homosexuality is caused by a biological defect is a lie from the pits of hell. God does not make mistakes. He would not prohibit homosexuality and then have some people come up with a biological defect.

My God and his word states homosexuality is a sin, and it is a choice that is immoral and sinful. It is not caused by some biological defect or gene.

I will be praying for this gentleman that God will place someone in his path to correct his way of thinking. He is being deceived by Satan himself with this way of thinking.

:BangHead:

All I need is what God's Word states!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.