1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is YOUR KJV counterfeit?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by robycop3, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In all my years of fighting false religions & false doctrines, the following is the second most-ridiculous piece of tommyrot I've ever seen, topped only by Ruckman's 10-ft. tall alien Antichrist:

http://www.biblebelievers.com/believers-org/counterfeit-kjv.html

When I first saw it, I thought it was a satire in the manner of the "Landover Baptist Church" site. Then, I looked into the org itself, and, unfortunately it's serious. Well, cancer is serious also, and here's one that definitely brings disgrace to the legitimate things of God.

2. Keith M

Keith M New Member

Hmmmm...that is some fanciful yarn Mr. Kizziah weaves there. It appears he really is serious, though. Laughable yet sad at the same time. He needs to go back to McDonalds to get the rest of the fries for his Happy Meal...

:laugh:

3. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

Hey, he has some important things to say. Consider this:
    The modern day counterfeiters have changed Saviour to Savior. They have given us a six-letter Savior in place of a seven-letter Saviour. In Bible numerics seven is the number of completeness, purity, and spiritual perfection. On the other hand six is the number of man which is earthly not heavenly. Every one has heard of 666. It has a bad connotation and is not highly esteemed in Bible numerics.
    You just can't argue against logic like that.

4. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Bible numerics deals from the spiritual aspect in how ones' spirit is sublimily effected.

Numbers represent impressions upon the emotional tendacies.

Do not discard the implications of numerics when dealing with a spiritual Book.

Remember, the mind is very advanced beyond our rational thought in grasping at suggestive material and even capable of solving complex problems while never being educated in any given area.

Scientists have studied the mind for centuries and have come to the conclusion that at best, even the most intellectual person is only capable of using 12% of their brains' capacity at any given time.

The undeniable truth we all must face is that those same scientists were only using up to 12% of their brains when they came to this logical conclusion.

5. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I think you're obsessed and discussing movements instead of translational and version isssues.

"Roger's MO"

6. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope no one HERE takes this cat seriously. I reckon it never occurred to him that Americans spell many words slightly differently than do the British, and that neither is incorrect. For example, almost every word whose spelling ends in "or" in the USA is ended "our" in England. And the KJV is a BRITISH Bible version.

And I reckon he never considered that spellings often change over time. I consider all my recently-made KJVs as legitimate Bibles whether they read "Saviour" ot Savior", same as i consider my replica AV 1611s as legit.

Let no one be fooled by this wing nut. His assertions are utter nonsense.

KJVOs, beware. Nuts like this'n aren't doing your cause any favors. while i would die defending his right to express himself, I would also die defending my right to denounce his stuff as pure garbage. I suggest all who claim to be KJVO denounce this [personal attack deleted] & remove yourselves as far as possible from his views.

This [personal attack deleted] has listed words from the 1769 whose spellings have changed from those of the 1611 & whose spellings are familiar now, with the old spellings often confusing the modern reader. For example, hoa many current readers will know that "Jubile" is our "Jubilee"? Or that "ensample" is "example"?

Be assured, sports fan, that if YOUR Bible says "King James Version" somewhere on its cover, it IS a KJV whether or not it reads "Savior" ot "Saviour", "to day" or "today", "asswaged" or "assuaged", "publick" or "public".

#6 robycop3, Jan 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2007
  7. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pipedude:Hey, he has some important things to say. Consider this:
    The modern day counterfeiters have changed Saviour to Savior. They have given us a six-letter Savior in place of a seven-letter Saviour. In Bible numerics seven is the number of completeness, purity, and spiritual perfection. On the other hand six is the number of man which is earthly not heavenly. Every one has heard of 666. It has a bad connotation and is not highly esteemed in Bible numerics.
    You just can't argue against logic like that.

I have but ONE argument against his logic...HORSE FEATHERZZ!

Numerology is as phony as the Da Vinci Code!

8. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your prob begins with "I think".

This is very much a translational issue. Kizziah's trash is a vile insult against the very translation YOU hold in such high esteem.

Once again:

HOWDYA DEAL WITH THE FACT THAT PSALM 12 IN NO WAY POINTS TO THE KJV?

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Sorry fellas - this article has been dealt with several times. I don't know of anyone who takes the post seriously. All this is going to do is inflame emotions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.