1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Isaac Newton Announced Christ’s Return In 2060

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rockytopva, Oct 4, 2021.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If I had to pick an end time date I would go with the scientist, Isaac Newton...

"And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half. " - Daniel 12:7

From a folio cataloged as Yahuda MS 7.3g, f. 13v:

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060." - Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christ’s coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. … Isaac Newton, though, may have considered 2060 the rapture, and also notes that Christ comes as a thief…

"It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." - Isaac Newton

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Seven-day Sadventist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The supposition that calculating the time of Christ's Second Coming within a 1-year interval isn't obviously anti-Christian. The great mathematical physicist Sir Issac Newton clearly believed using Scripture that the world would end in the year 2060. And I believe that there's a compelling Biblical exposition indicating the Second Coming of Jesus Christ will be in the second half of the year, 2050.

3. Two Wings

Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Newton clearly failed to note Jesus said "I have told you all things in advance"

and in this statement, he clearly failed to note Jesus specifically said we ARE to know the season when it it is time ... before that season arrives. Not the day nor the hour ... but the season. I take that to be a 3 month/90 day window before that period begins/arrives per the 4 verses preceding the oft cited "not the day nor the hour."

It's amazing how folks will placate their laziness with "man doesn't know the day nor the hour" when the previous 4 in Matt 24 specifically refute the idea "we'll never know in advance"

Gabriel told Daniel understanding would be given.

Now, I recognzie there have been many prognostications which have come/gone ... that doesn't mean those people were wrong to seek it ...

Proverbs 25 ... it is a glory of God to conceal a matter, it is a glory of kings to seek it.

So ... seek it. make disciples of Jesus Christ while you're at it.

4. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Newton was a brilliant man. The smartest thing did was to make the prediction of Christ’s second coming to be so far into the future that no one living at the time could accuse him of being wrong.

Jesus said “no one knows but the Father”. He didn’t say “no one knows but the Father, and mathematicians.”

No need to speculate. Just accept no one knows but the Father and live your life everyday like Christ could return.

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree ... listen to the Still Small Voice ...

The Word tells us the last generation will be given understanding ... so ... yes ... continue to occupy until He comes and remain occupied with work in His field.

... and also ... to look up every now and then.

Deception is the MO in that day. Been much deception happening? "when you see these things, look up" Jesus said Luke 21:28

Are we seeing "these things?" ... or just wishing for what we're seeing to be "these things?"

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where, exactly?

You dispies forget, or never knew, that you're 'reading other people's mail'. He didn't say that to you. He's talking to His disciples and that's who He means when He says "when you see these things, look up".

7. Seven-day Sadventist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm not aware of anyone living today claiming to know the day or hour of Christ's Second Coming. To refute Newton or me, just cite a Scripture proving that there's no compelling Biblical exposition revealing the end of the world has not been scheduled to be in the year 2060 or in the second half of the year 2050.

8. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh good grief. Jesus said no one knows the time of His return but His Father. Look it up yourself and you will remember it before you comment.

peace to you

9. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    great commission. Wasnt talking to me then either.

stop making disciples. Noted

i dont haveA clever nickname for you. I’ll think on it. Probably have to steal one

10. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where in the great commission does "The Word tells us the last generation will be given understanding"?

That's correct, and the ones that He did give 'the great commission' (as you call it) completed it marvelously.

That's not at all what I meant and you know it. It's dishonest of you to even insinuate it. My point is that soooo many supposed 'Bible students' seem to have forgotten or never known the first rule of interpretation:

1. The Scriptures are to be taken in the sense attached to them in the age and by the people to whom they were addressed.

??? Whoosh. Right over my head. Don't go stealing on account of me.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    It doesn't. But the Great Commission IS understood to be "marching orders"

See Daniel 12 for the direct answer to your question. It was Gabriel's response to Daniel when he said ~" I don't understand all this."

So this is my point ... and it's not "dishonest" ... it IS absurd. To illustrate the absurdity of suggesting there is nothing more to fulfill after 70AD. If you're gonna be absurd, gotta be prepared for a little absurdity tossed back to ya.

dispies?

I don't have a label maker. Perhaps you can refer me to one ... is it on Amazon Prime?

I appreciate brevity but this is clearly a pejorative in context. How about discussing without being pejorative?

But you have me curious, KY ... what other directions in the Bible are not applicable to me because I wasn't physically there to receive it from the author/Author?

12. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, from this...:

10 Many shall purify themselves, and make themselves white, and be refined; but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand; but they that are wise shall understand.

...you derive, "the last generation will be given understanding"?

You must be confusing me with someone else.

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. Dan 12

10 And he saith unto me, Seal not up the words of the prophecy of this book; for the time is at hand. Rev 22

To dispies "the time is at hand" means 'thousands of years and still waiting'. So does 'must shortly come to pass', 'I come quickly', 'in just a very little while', 'shall in no wise taste of death', 'this generation shall not pass away', etc. All the 'mail' we read from 'that generation' is permeated with these time indicators addressed to THEM, not us.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    no sir ... the prior verse. sealed up until the end.

Now, I recently understand some thing "the end" is 70AD .... and that what was concealed in the book of Daniel was revealed in ... Revelation ... evidently written while the Romans were marching to Jerusalem for the 70AD siege.

that doesn't align with the creation timeline, by the way. 6 days to create 1 day to rest. 6000 years of man's dominion (Gen 6; strive with man 120 (jubilee) years) ... 1000 years of rest ... to parallel the week as established by God In The Beginning.

Maybe ... but when I hear Jesus wasn't talking to me when he said "Go into all the nations & make disciples ... bapitzing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit" ... then what am I to think?

where is the distinction in Matt 28 of the great commission ... if I am to continue to make disciples ... but yet ... recognize Jesus wasn't talking to me but exclusively to those who were before Him in any other teaching?

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  15. Seven-day Sadventist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wiki wrote:
    "Scholars long debated whether Newton disputed the doctrine of the Trinity. His first biographer, David Brewster, who compiled his manuscripts, interpreted Newton as questioning the veracity of some passages used to support the Trinity, but never denying the doctrine of the Trinity as such.[157] In the twentieth century, encrypted manuscripts written by Newton and bought by John Maynard Keynes (among others) were deciphered[59] and it became known that Newton did indeed reject Trinitarianism.[142]"

That's very encouraging good news indeed. I also reject Trinitarianism.

16. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not beholden to a man's interpretation. Newton was a great scientist had a great mind ... all that is well/good ... I don't require his input for theological instruction ... supporting or refuting.

17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So based on your name - are you a 7th Day Adventist

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The key to effective date setting, in any context, is to pick a date far enough into the future that one cannot be held accountable for being wrong while still alive. So...well played, Isaac, well played.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Seven-day Sadventist

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No. I am a Seven-day SADventist. The emphasis is on the syllable SAD.
    Christianity affirms Romans 14:5:

One person judges one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind.

Seventh-day Adventists are preeminently Seventh-day Papists and supposedly believe that they have new light about the Sabbath day.
    However, Seven-day SADventists are true Christians and Shubert's International Date Line Theorem proves that tracking the Seventh-day Sabbath globally is mathematically impossible.

20. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you have no connection with 7th day Adventist

So is Sadventist an actual religion?