1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Isaiah 14:12

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by bro. coley, Jul 25, 2002.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Tom,

So, Farmer's Wife, maybe you should drop in and ask them to put the Revelation Chapter and Verse behind the name [​IMG]

HankD

2. KEVO

KEVO Guest

OK,If you are not KJV only you can call someone a liar,but if you are KJV only you cannot call someone a bible corrector :confused:

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

It was said that "bible correctors" (meaning non-KJVOnlyists) did not believe that book. That is simply untrue and it is improper to say something untrue. We are not "Bible correctors" and we do believe the book. Statements like that are inflammatory and serve no purpose. They have no basis in fact, which you should know if you are reading what we are saying in these threads. They are simply unnecessary and should not be made.

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    NET BIBLE
    The NET notes:

5. Farmer's Wife

Farmer's Wife New Member

HankD, that church has been around here for a VERY long time...longer than that NIV. :rolleyes: Nope, I think I just leave them alone. [​IMG]

You know what gets me? Is people say that these so-called new versions are 'easier' to read/understand but whenever a question like this comes up...the scholars have to go back to the so-called 'original' Hebrew/Greek text in order to explain it. I'll stick with my KJBible at least when it says "Lucifer" in this verse there is NO DOUBT in my mind who it's referring to! :D To tell you the truth, it kinda sounds like someone is trying to give satan the same title as God. Hmmm....now, I wonder 'who' would want to do something like that? :confused: :(

6. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Farmer's Wife, which of the facts presented about context, history, or language were wrong and how? If the facts are not untrue, why do you reject the truth? Why do you dismiss the evidence, and still imply a Satanic conspiracy here? What evidence do *you* present?

[ July 29, 2002, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: BrianT ]

7. BrianT

BrianT New Member

</font>[/QUOTE]This is exactly right. The next verses says "I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north ("Zaphon")". Zaphon, the Babylonian mountain of the gods (sort of equivalent to Olympus in Greek mythology) is specifically mentioned in the Hebrew of verse 13.

But who needs facts to confuse them when they've already made up their mind? ;)

[ July 29, 2002, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: BrianT ]

8. Farmer's Wife

Farmer's Wife New Member

Brian, is that 'ticking' I hear?!?!?! (ha,ha,ha) [​IMG] Did I misunderstand? I thought your facts came to the same conclusion that the KJBible says as to who the *who* is in the verse in question...did I miss something? :confused: I only speak English, and my KJBible,which is written in English, states plain and clear *who* the verse in question is talking about. So, therefore, I don't need to look to those facts you stated. [​IMG]

By the way, concerning the 'watch' conversation, I was going to reply again but...I'll let it go! ;) Are you sure you're not my brother in :cool: ? He's middle name IS Brian and those are the same type of conversations I have with him all the time!!! (ha,ha,ha) :D

Speaking of conspiracies, just what are those black helicopters flying over my house about??? Hmmm..... :D

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know, they should take a stand since the NIV has made it an issue...

[​IMG]

HankD

[ July 29, 2002, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: HankD ]

10. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Maybe you did. On the first page of this thread, I stated that the KJV is technically correct in it's translation, but the "Satan" interpretation is wrong. "Lucifer" is the old name for Venus, the morning star. That is *who* the KJV say is in the verse. There are two things going on here: 1. translation, and 2. interpretation. The KJV is right (as is the NIV). Your understanding of the KJV is wrong.

If it is so clear, why are you confused and why do the facts disagree with you?

Yes, the KJV is *very* clear about who is being talked about: Isa 14:4 "That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon...". Don't you believe this verse in the KJV?

OK then. Like any good detective would do, I'm sure. "My mind's made up, don't confuse me with the facts!" ;)

[ July 29, 2002, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: BrianT ]

11. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Bro. coley asked:

who is it in the niv? now about the KJV?

By "it," I assume you mean "Lucifer" or the "morning star," right?

In both cases, it is the king of Babylon that is being addressed. Stars often symbolize rulers.

12. bro. coley

bro. coley New Member

THATS funny my bible says in Rev.1:20 stars are angels. :rolleyes: :mad: :eek:

13. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

bro. coley said:

THATS funny my bible says in Rev.1:20 stars are angels.

Yes, they are, in that context. But there's no rule that says a symbol signifies the same thing every time it is used. (Unless you are now going to argue that Jesus is an angel?)

14. bro jeff

bro jeff New Member

ok,know I getsome of what is not being said.

15. bro. coley

bro. coley New Member

hello bro. jeff. would you care to explain your understanding of 2 tim 2:15(your favorite verse) just hoping we might have something in common. thanks.

16. bro jeff

bro jeff New Member

Brother coley. it makes my heart very sad that in this place there is such a spirit of meanness, and deciet that I dont fell like what God has done in my life with 2 Tim 2:15 would mean much to anyone hear, God has used that verse in my life to keep me focused on His will for my life.
    and in this place with these brethern? its easy to lose focus.

17. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

You are not questioning the salvation of those who disagree with you are you?? I agree that there is much deceit going on. That is why we are addressing these issues. It is imperative that diligent students of the word know what it is that God inspired the original authors to write so that their audience would comprehend his message. We must be extremely careful not to use passages to prove things when those passages have no intended meaning in that area.

18. TomVols

TomVols New Member

There is no question that there is much deceit going on. That's why I'm grateful for Pastor Larry, Chris Temple, Kiffin, Ransom, and others who stand for God's Word and will not be swept up by the shifting sands of human-centered doctrine and the disdain for God's Word that is so prevalent among so many.

19. bro jeff

bro jeff New Member

Has anyone ever changed their view on the matters of differnt versions? I know that some have said that they went from KJV only to they are all ok.
    Standing is good but dont stop we mnst point blinded souls in danger of Hell to Christ.
    I dont judge anyones salvation here. I dont know thier fruit from these fourms, But we If we Love Christ we love the brethern,Paul felt it good to go a differnt way then Barnabas and Mark not because he thought they we not saved but that their intent or foucus was not the same. He did not stay and try to convince them he was right and they where wrong souls are slipping into Hell as we argue about who is right who is better learned who typs more correctly you take the one thing God has given you that He can use the most , your testimony of salvation and tell that to others the hour is near we must be ready, and busy.

20. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? They went to "they are all ok"? I doubt it. It is much more likely that you are making a not so subtle attempt at painting anyone who is not KJVO as undiscerning or without legitimate convictions on the matter. I am not aware of anyone here that says "they are all ok."