1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Isaiah 45:7

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by tyndale1946, Mar 13, 2002.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things... Since God cannot even look on sin and it is an abhorance to him how can the phrase apply to him and create evil. God is light and in him is no darkness at all. I form the light and create darkness. He is pure and couldn't even look on his own Son who bore our sins on the old rugged cross. How can he create darkness and evil?... Brother Glen :confused:

2. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

The NASB says "The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the Lord who does all these." The NKJV and ESV read similarly.

The answer is in the ontological truth of first and second causes. Most things ocur in this world as secondary causes. The only First cause there is or ever was is God.

"For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together."

Christ is the Creator, who has created all - ALL - things. Nothing exists which he has not created. All things are created for him and by him.

The answer is in Isa 45:8:
    “Drip down, O heavens, from above,
    And let the clouds pour down righteousness;
    Let the earth open up and salvation bear fruit,
    And righteousness spring up with it.
    I, the Lord, have created it."

God creates all things with a purpose - for his glory and to direct righteousness to pour down and spring up. God has allowed evil to exist and even directs it for his greater glory.

" Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?” In all this Job did not sin with his lips." Job 2:10b NASB