1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Islamic Cleric says Ft. Hood Gunman a Hero

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Is it your contention that you are more knowlegeable about Islam than a Muslim?

2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

My answer to this is

If you know that lying and fiening peace and acceptance while plotting revenge, and murder in the name of their god is a form of jihad (sp?), how can you believe the word of a muslim about his religion when you are not one and what they tell you is all you have to go on. Believe what you will. That's what people do. But there is self-deception when we believe what we want to believe rather than keeping open to receive evidences of truth and seeking it beyond our own understanding. If the truth we receive falls too easily within the scope of our understanding and depends upon our trust of other men...... chances are we are not receiving the whole truth. The Bible teaches we can put our trust in no man. As easy as words come and go.... I also assume this to mean I cannot put my trust in the promises or impressions given by the words of others. If the heart of man is so deceptively wicked that the Bible says 'who can know it', then I am a tad bit wiser in following the scriptures and withholding my trust.

We can show Christian love to others by accepting them at their word unless and until they prove unworthy..... but we are also wise to remember that they and we are all made of clay and as our present bodies will turn to corruption...... so is the unregenrated heart entangled with corruption and the truth cannot be found in the unregenerate heart.... so we use caution even when we accept what we are told..... we use caution remembering that even in our own selves we fight in the spirit with the deceitfulness which wars against that which God has given us which is true and unfailing.... and live with this understanding which God has given us in a world in which the devil claims the kingdoms of man.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. RAdam

RAdam New Member

No, but I'll contend I am more knowledgable about Islam than you are. Do you believe everything you hear without checking things out for yourself? That is a dangerous attitude to have. Do yourself and the rest of us a favor and actually look into the life, teachings, and tactics of Mohammed rather than just taking the word of someone.

Let me just run this idea by you. If you were part of a religion that preached violence against all unbelievers and believed that using deceptive tactics was ok as long as it was in the name of that religion, would you tell people what your religion was really all about?

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Wow, you're now relegating the conversation to a playground urinating contest. How infantile.

6. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Nice derail attempt. Do you acknowledge that Islam is a violent religion?

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Relgions in and of themselves aren't exclusively violent or nonviolent. Doesn't matter what religion we'r talking about. It's blatantly obvious that there is no shortage of Islamic extremists in the world that use their religious beliefs to foster an air of violence and oppression. But it is also obvious that there is an abundance of adherents to Islam that live private, peaceful, normal, and productive lives, and do so in accordance with their religious beliefs. I will never stereotype a common American Muslim by the actions of extremists. Neither will I downplay the nature of Islamic extremism just because there are so many Muslims living privately and peaceably.

Either way, Muslims practice a religious belief that is categorically inconsistent with scripture. Christians are called to be witnesses to such persons.

#27 Johnv, Nov 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2009
  8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Yes, the mosque has a huge following. When they have services, police cars are around to direct traffic and cars headed toward the direction of the mosque are going at a crawl. Up and down that road, one of the busiest in this area, are apts. full of Muslims.

I'll look - I think I read it in the Wash. Post and/or heard it on TV news.

9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Re the assessment:
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2009/nov/10/dod-worker-assessed-fort-hood-suspect-months-ago/

I'm not sure that's the assessment I heard about. I thought it had to do with his military and psychological qualifications to do his job.