1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Israel Will Be Destroyed

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Enoch, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Fox News

:mad:

2. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Everyone wants to keep insisting that this kind of hatred in the islamic world is only the fringe element. But here is a Goverment offical saying this, and including the US in the threat.
    And this kind of lanquage can be heard on Al Jezera any day.

They can't tolerate a tiny nation, only 20 something miles wide at some points, existing on the edge of the "islamic world".

I am sure there are moderate Muslims who do not agree with this, but when you weigh the words and their number of their sources, you have to conclude the Islam, as it is practiced by those in power and in government, and on the streets, is a hateful religion.

3. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

"French Foreign Minister Jean-Baptiste Mattei (search) also condemned the remarks "with the utmost firmness"---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But the French will keep selling Iran all the technologie they need to actually carry out the threat.

4. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Couple of interesting bits on the bbc website today. Seems that the Iranians have an end of Ramadan rally about Palestine, which may be the reason for the tub-thumping. Also, Saeb Erekat (the nice chap from the Palestinian negotiating team with the patience of a saint) wrote in saying, diplomatically of course, that the Iranian PM is talking rubbish.

5. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Fox News

Iranians Rally Against Israel, U.S.

Why is this tolerated?

Why isn’t Iran suspended from the United Nations?

Why do people look the other way when there is a legitimate concern with countries like Iran?

Where is all the outrage?

Is it because Iran seeks the destruction of Israel, the United States or anyone else who supports Israel?

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I kinda figure---there's enough Israeli M1A1 Abrams battle tanks "parked" along the Israeli borders---and there's enough Israeli F-14 Tomcats patrolling her airspace---that the Iranian's probably wouldn't stand "half-a-halalujah" chance of getting further than a few hundred feet beyond the line the Israeli's have drawn in the sand!!!!!

7. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I agree blackbird, and I fully expect a premptive strike against the Iran's nuclear reactors soon. Then the howling will begin again.

8. Enoch

Enoch New Member

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran has boldly announced the destruction of Israel and those who support her. I would consider this to be a declaration of war.

I agree with Prime Minister Tony Blair and appreciate his assertive response. [​IMG]

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Iran attacked Israel, espeically with a nuclear weapon, I don't thnk it would take very long at all for Iran to cease to exist as a functioning nation.

10. kubel

kubel New Member

Iran is simply not mature enough to be a member of the UN.

11. Walguy

Walguy Member

Or to own nuclear weapons!

12. Robert J Hutton

Robert J Hutton New Member

Israel will never be defeated for the simple reason that the Lord is protecting her. When Israel became a nation, once again in 1948, it had no chance of survivla "humanly speaking" being surrounded by hostile Arab states who attacked. In 1973 during the Yom Kippur war Israel was just hours away from being overrun by Egypt and Syria but bounced back. The Biblical prophecies concerning Israel are bsing literally fulfilled. No matter how many times Satan inspired leaders rail against Israel they will never overcome the Lord's will and purpose.

Kind regards to all.

Bob

13. billwald

billwald New Member

On the other hand, would be interesting if Israel was defeated.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope that doesn't happen but if it did I wonder if premillennialists, especially dispensationalists, would lose their faith in God.

15. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Israel were to be defeated I believe that we would see a massive "Ethic Cleansing" of the Jews until some outside force intervened.
    This intervenetion would come from the U.S. and Britian.
    The other European Nations would wring their hands in protest of the genocide and then protest the Unilateral U.S. action.
    Several western nations would continue to have peaceful relationships with the Islamic nations/forces and through "Peaceful Trade & Negotiations" aid the invaiders of Israel in multiple ways.
    As the Jewish death toll mounts, some Christians would say "See we told you that Israel really isn't God's Choosen People any more."
    Others would decry the deaths of any of "Our Boys" in this "Useless-meaningless War".

Tom

16. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Loosing one's faith in God---and dissappointment in a potential loss of military equipment and personel---are two different things!!

Besides---I see nothing here between Iran's "fallin' out" with Israel and the "Sign of Jacob's Trouble" that Jesus talked about!!

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Wouldn't affect my faith in the slightest.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Roger that.

But I wonder about what would happen to people like Hal Lindsey whose whole ministry is built around the idea that the current State of Israel is a fulfillment of Biblical prophecy.

19. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Ditto C4K, and I don't believe Israel will fall. We've already seen God's hand in at least two Israeli wars. I've got a great book to recommend, but I can't find it. Must have loaned it out, but it was about the 6 days war, and pretty convincingly told of God intervening on Israel’s behalf. Fascinating read. Hal Lindsey's stuff is entertaining to read.

20. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Link

Iran says not threatening attack on Israel [​IMG]
    :eek: [​IMG] :rolleyes: Sure whatever gets you through the day.

If the President of Iran claims “death to Israel, wipe her off the map, she must be destroyed, she is a disgraceful blot”, that pretty much says we plan to kill you. It’s not as if he was having a bad day and misspoke. And since he is not retracting his comments under world pressure it would appear the media is running a misleading title, “Iran says not threatening attack on Israel”. Regardless of a Foreign Ministry statement claiming they are in agreement with their commitment under the UN, they facts are the facts. And would it be the Foreign Minister located in Russia who is making this statement. This is a dangerous dance and if the United Nations thinks this is going to appease anyone with this doubletalk story they have another thing coming. Or perhaps it’s meant to buy some time. The ball is in Iran’s court.