1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It is clear to me.....

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Bro. Curtis, Mar 30, 2010.

1. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boom - boom time?! Can I come? Especially if you're buying.... 7mm Rem (short 7 not mag) 140 grain in case you don't have 'em on the shelf.. I'll bring the sandbags and donuts. :thumbsup:

2. MrJim

MrJim New Member

:smilewinkgrin:

3. MrJim

MrJim New Member

Would that be 7mm-08? Yeah I'll get some ammo if ya let me shoot it too :thumbsup:

4. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Which is why I maintain my privacy on this board. But we still have to be careful, you know, people with connections to police/FBI/certain other government agencies, have a way of finding out who and where you are. I'm not saying the guy is a kook, but you never know where you'll find one.

By the way, I would agree that the time for talking is over, but gunplay is not the right alternative. The only thing politicians really respond to is demonstrations that cost them something in terms of votes and/or money.

5. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

If someone is so intent on confronting me that they are willing to go through these steps, then we will just have to have a confrontation. One good thing is that in Texas we have a handgun carry law, so confrontations don't alway end as expected.

6. MrJim

MrJim New Member

We have some sweet carry laws in PA too:thumbsup:

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

All you are going to pick is your nose. My guess is that you have voted for a ton of liberal Republicans over your life, which has contributed to our present condition.

8. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

This from someone who admittedly worked for republican politicians in the past, and even admits one of them was the crook Richard Nixon!

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

See the other thread and read before inserting foot in mouth.

10. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Ditto in Florida, although I have no interest in firearms myself.

11. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

You had not explained yourself at the time of my posting. However, you made a judgment about Mr. Jim's voting record that you could not possibly know to be correct. So, maybe we both put our feet in our mouth!

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You cannot outdo me. My mouth is big enough for both of my feet. As far as his voting record, you are correct. However, his past posts have supported several liberal Republicans. Bush the First, Bush the Second, and McCain are not conservatives to mention a few.

#32 saturneptune, Apr 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2010
  13. MrJim

MrJim New Member

I voted for Reagan when I was in the Marine Corps (84 election I guess) and never voted again for anyone else in my life...so your guess is wrong.

...see, they all SUCK and I trust none of them.

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You have not voted in 24 years. That amazes me. You have a right to vote and do not. I did vote for Reagan in both elections. After that, no conservative has won the Republican nomination. That does not mean that I do not vote. There have been plenty of good third party choices each election.

15. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Especially when you are talking about a guy that says, "these things start with talk and end with sharp knives and bullets...pick a side". He doesn't even attempt to participate in the process, yet he then spouts off about how this is going to be resolved with violence and he even compares himself to an American Hero who served as a State Senator.

16. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you do have a responsibility! and as Saturn said, there are 3rd party choices - if need be - make a write in ballot!

Mr. Jim, have you run for office?

Salty

17. MrJim

MrJim New Member

Ya have to look at the timeframes:

85-87~I got out of USMC and engaged in the drug trade (I was not a nice guy)

88-93~Became a Christian, discipled amongst the Mennonite folks who do generally not engage in the political process. (Mostly mennonite church)

94-04~Went through a Calvinist decade where I did truly rely on God's sovereignty for said political process..disappointed brother Calvinists were not so trusting as my Menno brethren. (Evangelical Free & Reformed Baptist)

05-Present~thoroughly disillusioned with process-embrace both God's Sovereignty & sig below in response to anyone challenging me to vote (American Baptist & Southern Baptist)

What a long strange trip it has been...