1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It Just Keeps Getting Worse

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by KenH, Sep 4, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ------------------------------------------------------
    MSNBC Breaking News
    ------------------------------------------------------

Army Corps of Engineers says 8 people shot in New Orleans were contractors -

Police shot eight people carrying guns on a New Orleans bridge Sunday, killing five or six, a deputy chief said. A spokesman for the Army Corps of Engineers said the victims were contractors on their way to repair a canal.

2. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

How HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! You were right when you said it keeps getting worse.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a fluid situation in breaking news. From www.cnn.com:

AP: Army Corps of Engineers says its contractors were not killed by police, but gunmen who fired at them were killed. More soon.

4. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

I guess the thugs are still in town. When they round up the rest of them, they ought to put them in the Superdome.

5. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

I heard on the news that when they are seaching those being flown to other areas that they are finding alcohol, drugs, and weapons on some of them. Praise the Lord they are not getting out of the area with guns. The only problem is that with their mentality they will somehow acquire them wherever they land, either by legal or unlegal means.

6. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

I think some of us need to turn off the tv and the computer and just pray. I sense a downward spiral coming for some of us...may God be at your side.

7. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

Some of the first responders are so upset and distraught at what they have been through that a few have committed suicide. It DOES just keep getting worse. A Coast Guard helo went down, but praise the Lord the crew walked away from it.

8. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

We're thousands of miles from the site, but we have victims here and my Red Cross Coordinator said, "Don't even go to the bathroom alone."

9. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

TexasSky,

Are you working in the Astrodome? I guess some of the bad apples got on the bus. Just be careful. It is a shame that it would be dangerous to go alone to the bathrooms. I just hope that no one gets injured or killed!

I heard that the governor is needing other states to start taking in the people that are still coming.