1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

it was closed, but the article was actually very good

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by stubbornkelly, Sep 12, 2002.

1. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

I don't know whether the topic was closed because of the subject, or because Obsidian is not Christian (and specifically not Baptist, which is fundamental to this particular forum), but I read the article, and it's quite good. It makes several good points that may be of use to many on this board.

2. Obsidian

Obsidian Guest

I don't know. I just posted it not too long ago.

Maybe you could reproduce the link? Since this place loves to censor me. ;)

Thanks, and I'm glad I made a difference.

3. Son of Consolation

Son of Consolation New Member

I strongly disagree with you Kelly, as the poster advocated witchcraft in his/her link. The site was not only non-Baptist, but also non-Christian! The person in question, therefore, not only was not Baptist, but tried to spread spiritual decay on this board. That ought not to be encouraged, nor permitted. [​IMG]

4. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

Fair enough. As I said, I read the article, and I certainly didn't read it as advocating spiritual decay. But I appreciate your point, and will not be posting the link, as Obsidian has requested.

I think it's incredibly important to know what people believe, and it does seem that very few Christians know anything about paganism. Some will say that Christians shouldn't know anything about paganism, but it seems to me that if you want to have a real discussion with a pagan about his or her beliefs, particularly in context of witnessing.

I seem to remember someone asking about how to deal with Jehovah's Witnesses a few weeks ago, and although I don't remember any links being posted, there were definitely suggestions on how to "deal with" and witness to JW's. That's all I saw this article doing - offerring suggestions on how to witness to pagans, written from a pagan perspective. It was quite respectful and, as I said, its contents may have proved useful.

5. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Well I asked that it be removed on another thread. It is totally inapropreate (however its spelt) for this board.

He or she clearly states they are a witch. They are not baptist or christian.

Thank you barnabas.

sherrie

6. Son of Consolation

Son of Consolation New Member

Kelly, we appreciate your concern, but before we deleted the thread, we did look into the link provided. The author may have been cordial here on this board, but there was nothing edifying on his/her website. It is definitely not a tool for witnessing by Christians to pagans, as it was suggested, but rather the indoctrination into the occult. We do not need to educate our Baptist constituents by dwelling into the occult. :(

Sherrie, thank you for the heads up in the Members Forum, but we had this under control by the forum Moderator(s). And, yes, you may report something like this at any time by simply going down to the bottom of the post in question and click on the "whistle" symbol on the right, with the following inscription: Report Post. Thank you! [​IMG]

7. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

Just to be clear, I was not criticizing the removal of the thread by the moderators. Simply giving my reaction to the article itself, since there was no longer a thread on which to give comments about it. [​IMG] Apologies in advance to anyone who may think that my posting a response was inappropriate. But I do stand by my belief that the article was a good one, for what it was.