1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It's all a scam

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Robert Snow, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

2. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

You are seriously sucking back some Koolaid here.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bernanke objects to the GAO recommending economic policy. He's well within his right to say this. One of the reasons for the establishment of the Fed was so that the politics of money supply would not be in the hands of Congress. Go back and read up on the gold standard vs. silver standard arguments of the late 1800's. William Jennings Bryant practically ran on the issue in 1896.

Juvenile propaganda.

Bernanke says that all financial transactions and decisions are transparent. There is full reporting in place. He again asserts that a full open audit by Congress is a ploy toward the goal of some in Congress of direct Congressional oversight of economic policy.

So where is the video that contains this?

That's what I wanted to see.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I quote CNN and federal government statistics and one of your video links is to a conspiracy web site video--and I'm drinking Kool-Aid?

5. billwald

billwald New Member

I have a stack of US savings bonds I bought because it was "patriotic." You all want to stiff me, too?

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

If anyone thinks POTUS isn't the Fed Chair's "boss," they need to talk to Paul Volcker. Then again, most wouldn't know who he was without Googling his name had it not been for Obama's naming him to the POTUS CEA. While they are

InTheLight is right. Right or wrong, Bernanke isn't going to out the stress-failing banks. This is why small banks were given TARP while the top ten had a gun to their head to take it as Ken Lewis stated. Paulson (again, many are now Googling) engineered the plan that Geithner and Obama have heralded as a success. Had the market not floundered, we would be hearing of how GM has been such a success thanks to Keynesian policies of the Treasury and Fed.

As to the dollar "hyper-inflating" 20%, based on what YoY cost/year basis?

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Amen!

People simply do not understand fractional reserve banking and the role of central banks in our history.

Here's some of that history. Click Here.

The AMERICAN DREAM is a 30 minute animated film that shows you how you've been scammed by the most basic elements of our government system. All of us Americans strive for the American Dream, and this film shows you why your dream is getting farther and farther away. Do you know how your money is created? Or how banking works? Why did housing prices skyrocket and then plunge? Do you really know what the Federal Reserve System is and how it affects you every single day?

THE AMERICAN DREAM takes an entertaining but hard hitting look at how the problems we have today are nothing new, and why leaders throughout our history have warned us and fought against the current type of financial system we have in America today. You will be challenged to investigate some very entrenched and powerful institutions in this nation, and hopefully encouraged to help get our nation back on track.

THE AMERICA DREAM

Even a fifth grader can understand the Federal Reserve system and fractional reserve banking after watching this cartoon. Are y'all as smart as a fifth grader? I wonder sometimes.

BTW Tom POTUS is handed a list to pick from by the Federal Reserve people. If anyone still thinks that POTUS can pick whoever he or she wants to be "chairman of the board" has rocks in their head.

#27 poncho, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2011
  8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

In other words Bernanke would like people to believe that congress has no right to direct economic policy. Not only is this dishonest on his part, it's absurd! The constitution grants this power only to congress not Ben Bernanke and a global private banking cartel.

#28 poncho, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2011