1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It's all good!!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by convicted1, Jan 30, 2011.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

*sigh* again.....

I feel like I need an interpreter whenever I post on here any more. Bro. Luke, I am not trying to play the victim, nor was I trying to play the "sympathy card", either. I was trying to get this across:

Col. 4:5 Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

If you don't agree with something, disagree with love. You can not make someone believe your way, no more than can they you. I have noticed this angst on both sides, so one side is not without clean hands.

i am I AM's!!

Willis

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Please Bro. Winman, let's not go down this road again. The expanse between us-FW's and DoG's-is wide enough........let's not make it wider.

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Bro Pinoy,

Are you the prez, vice-prez, charter member of this club? Is this the "Heresy for Men Club"?? I know, "boo, boo, hiss, hiss"!!

Most, if not all on here, do not know this, Bro. Tim. When I first found this message board, I was doing some research of ORB history. I was a sinner, whose sins had found him out. I was searching for Him, but I didn't know how. I sent you a PM, asking you to pray for me, that He would find me and save me before I left this world. The words you typed back to me in your PM to me, were so sweet!! I may not remember all the words, but I remember the "sweetness" they contained!! I too, love you, Bro. Tim, and feel soooooo honored to call you "Brother"!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

i am I AM's!!

Willis

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Bro. EWF,

I was not suggesting a "conspiracy theory", or any such thing. I just think we, as CHRISTians, can conduct ourselves(myself included) in a manner much higher than what gets thrown around in here. We need to hold ourselves to higher standards than what gets shown on/in here. If we do not "police ourself", then who will? You can get your point across without a verbal tirade, if you ask me. If on any given subject you agree with me, I love you, if we don't agree, I love you. Just disagree in love.....

i am I AM's!!

Willis

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Thank you Brother, for your response. I will not ignore anyone on here, as long as they don't start cussing me out(which I am quite sure will not happen, btw). If anybody should have been ignored, it was me. For years, He drawed me and I pushed Him away. But praise His sweet name that He never gave up on a wretch like me. By His Grace, I am saved, by His Grace, I live today!!!

i am I AM's!!

Willis

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Thank you, Bro. Quant, for your two responses in this thread!! I just don't get it???? We, as children of the King, can't get along!! We are on the same side, for Pete's sake!! We may disagree, but we should NEVER show any angst through our disagreements! Instead of arguing with each other, and spewing names at each other, we need to be engaged in prayer for the sick, homeless, SINNERS, our military that is in harm's way, dodging bullets so that we have the freedom to get on here and have a good CHRISTian chat, our world leaders, the little children who do not know where their next meal comes from, etc. Thanks again, dear Brother, and may God bless!!

i am I AM's!!

7. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You were not playing the victim, brother. You were obeying Scripture.

"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

8. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Who do you mean by "they", Winman? I agree, there are plenty of us on the BB who believe that everyone apart from our sinless Saviour is born a sinner, but no member, to my knowledge, has told anyone that they are too stupid to understand scripture, and then tried to get rid of that person.

If they did, they would surely be breaking either Rule 3 or Rule 4 (or both!) of the posting rules:
    3. Show grace to the other posters. When someone disagrees with you, discuss it; but be slow to offend, and eager to get into the Word and find the answers. Remember, when discussing passionate issues, it is easy to go too far and offend. Further, if we are "earnestly contending for the faith" it would be unrealistic not to expect at times to be misunderstood or even ridiculed. But please note that your words can sometimes be harsh if used in the wrong way. The anger of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
    4. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. The board has an edit button enabled. We encourage you to use it and edit your own words. Moderators and Administrators will be visibly proactive in dealing with potentially offensive situations. Posts of a violent or threatening nature, either implicitly or explicitly, will be deleted, and the poster's membership revoked. We encourage personal problems with other members be resolved privately via email or personal messaging.
    I fully agree that we ought to be able to discuss things that we differ about without getting "hot under the collar", but rather in a loving way, as befits servants of our Lord and Master.

#28 David Lamb, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2011
  9. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

We have not been talking about Calvinism here. What is referring to is the resistance he has felt over his unorthodox statements about original sin.

Arminians, Calvinists and all orthodox theologies agree that man is born a sinner.

Church of Christ, which is a cult denies this.

JW's deny it.

Mormons deny it.

Willis and Webdog deny it.

But Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, Anglicans and all orthodox movements affirm it.

This has NOTHING to do with Calvinism.

10. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I'll tell you what it should NOT be called.

So long as original sin is being undermined and the omniscience of God is being assaulted and essence of the virgin birth of Christ is under attack on here without censure- it should NOT be called ORTHODOXY.com or fundamentalsofthefaith.com.

11. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

As I predicted.

12. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Whoa Luke,

Where has the omniscience of God, the virgin birth been under assault on this board. I have NOT seen it. Or is it simply someone who understands things differently than you who is need of censure?

13. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Willis, being syrupy sweet all the time is neither Christian nor is it the typical behavior of ANYONE on this board.

And calling Pelagianism, Pelaginism is not unCHRISTian.

This new brand of soft soapen cream puff pie Christianity is not good ofr our culture.

I am against ad hominem but I am for frankness and so should all Christians be.

14. quantumfaith

One can be frank and still do so in love and respect.

15. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Winman said Jesus was born with a sin nature which undermines the essence of the Orthodox Christian doctrine of the Virgin Birth.

He also said that God does not know a thing until it happens which obviously molests the doctrine of Omniscience.

And this business about humans not being born sinners is utterly unorthodox. This is what Willis and Webdog are proclaiming when they say you cannot be a sinner until you sin. It is what Willis is declaring when he says that babies are without sin but in their physical bodies.

This has NOTHING to do with Calvinism VS any other system of theology. It has to do with Orthodoxy VS haphazard, new and dangerous false doctrine.

You can be an Arminian or a Molinist and believe the Orthodox position on all three of these matters. In fact every single Arminian DOES adhere to the Orthodox position.

16. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Agreed.

Do I have to say, "I love you" every time I post to sound like a Christian?

17. quantumfaith

Not at all, but if you like, in the future, I can remind you when you come across as "rough around the edges". If not well OK too.

18. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I do not mind.

It is appreciated as I have already shared with you.

But I think you ought not become frustrated if when you do point it out, if, on occasion, I disagree with your assessment.

And I think you should do it in a pm.

Then it will be appreciated.

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was so happy yesterday when I went to church & the head Pastor provided a sermon on Election & will be doing it in a full series....he is not candy coating it either but rather is taking the entire congregation thru the doctrines of Grace. He is not only going thru a complete exposition of DoG with historic & scriptural detail but he is also taking time to make bare to the congregation the sad state of affairs that afflicts the church when these doctrines are neglected. Hopefully this man's zeal & passion will work to propagate the faith. One can see why there are no empty seats in this particular church. It appears what the other side is always fighting is the validity of Calvinism & for it's existence. Well if this is the argument ..... if Calvinism/Reformed Orthodox beliefs are Biblical, then we should expect to discover that the reformed church has & will continue to flourish whenever & wherever the doctrines of grace is taught & practiced. One needs only to review the most splendid teachers & theologians that reformed thinking has produced & continues to produce as evidence of correctness.

So I say to those who are outspoken detractors of the reformed faith that your attacks are both unsubstantiated & pointless. you do more harm to your own side by continuing in this vain attempt to discredit & minimize our theology. But I will say in closing that all Christians (including Calvinists ) must always strive to live up to God's ideals, which is why we are all in such desperate need of His saving grace.

Blessings to all.

20. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So true. In fact is was Christians who invented those terms! In fact, we can look at the NT and see Paul saying in his syrup-py voice
    I mean its clear Paul wants us to accuse each other of some offence against orthodoxy and not work together in faith.