1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It's been almost a month since I started using the NASB, and it's still good!

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Spoudazo, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

So it's been almost a month since my post about me starting to use the NASB ( post ) and I just wanted to say, it's still good!

I was reading in Mark this evening and the Lord showed me some things I had never seen before. There I sat reading and praying about some problems I'm having (financial matters for school) so a verse popped in my head, so I said to myself, I better find that verse after I get done studying.

Well, well, well the very place where I was reading had the verse that I needed! I was rejoicing in the Lord that He did that "just for me" if you know what I mean!

Just wanted to post a cheerful topic rather than negative-type post. Praise God, it's still good :cool:

2. David J

David J New Member

Glad to hear that!

I've been using the NASB 1995 for about 1 1/2 years and I love it.

It's always good to read about some positive things in this forum [​IMG]

3. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

I think if I don't start using my ESV more, I'll become NASB-only [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. David J

David J New Member

LOL!

Lets start a new Oism!

LOL

5. west

west New Member

I have to get me a updated NASB .I have a older Ryrie in the NASB that I got 25 years ago .

6. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

The older ones just had more "thee" and "thou"s or something? [​IMG]

7. David J

David J New Member

The 1995 NASB also had some corrections. As soon as I find them I will post them. I was comparing a 1977 to a 1955 and I noticed a few changes outside of thees and thou. It may take me a while to find my notes lol!

8. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

There are many changes, some for the better; some for the worse (in my opinion), including changes in paragraphing that affect the interpretation of the text. I would appreciate, however, seeing David J's notes when he gets them ready to post. I use the 1995 update when posting to this message board because that is the only edition of the NASB that I own a software copy of which I have downloaded onto my computer.

[​IMG]

9. BruceB

BruceB New Member

It is a good translation; I am finding more and more that any translation "only-ism" limits me in my understanding. I have used the NKJV for over 20 years, the NASB 95 for the past year and a half, and the HCSB since this past December. I find that I will refer to one of the others when I need clarification of something I am studying. It is wise to have several good translations. Bruce

10. Askjo

Askjo New Member

I used the NASB for 10 years. I read it many times until the Holy Spirit warned me about one important thing. He said to me to look up one verse. I looked up and found it. I can't find it in the NASB. He said to me again to look up SAME verse and look at the KJV. I did that. I found the verse in the KJV. I was puzzled that NASB did not have it and the KJV has it. I decided to look for information about one missing verse and found it. I researched it until I saw the crystal clear evidence. I put the NASB on my bookshelves and only use the KJV hereafter. God bless the KJV because it is the most accurate translation for Engish-speaking people available today.

11. natters

natters New Member

How did he tell you which verse? Audibly? And which verse? Just curious.

12. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Askjo, Which verse was it?.... And are you positive it wasn't someone other than the Holy Spirit that suggested you look it up?

13. manchester

manchester New Member

Askjo, sorry to burst your bubble, but that voice was actually me. I was hiding behind your couch doing my best Homer Simpson voice. Sorry if I led you astray, against the NASB.

14. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

{whispers to Askjo}
    Every verse you have in your KJV I have in my NASB [​IMG]

15. Askjo

Askjo New Member

The Holy Spirit knew how to communicate with me when I was not KJVO. After I learned what the Holy Spirit teaches me, I turned to be KJVO.

16. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

That is the only answer we can get from several KJVo's who have posted in the past. They cannot provide anything except they know the Lord tells them so.

Kinda' like that ole' burning in the bossom when you are told that the Book of Mormon is the later day revelation. :rolleyes:

17. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I know of a church with about 2000 members. The young liberal pastor wanted to build a new building on the highway. He told the church to pray about it and then they would vote.

They spent about three months praying and the vote was 52% to 48%. The pastor announced that God had spoken and started breaking ground.

Which one is right Askjo? the 52% or the 48% of the "sincere" church members.

If it is the 52% does that say 48% are listening to something else, but think its God? Or is it the other way around.

I know many of these people and I can tell you there are many sincere Christians on both sides.

If I were the pastor, the project would have been placed on hold until I had a better sign from God.

18. David J

David J New Member

Sorry guys but I can not find my notes. I back it up to a cd-r with some other data and I seemed to have misplaced the disk. I will keep searching and I'll start a new thread when I find it.