1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by FriendofSpurgeon, Nov 18, 2008.

1. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Christmas is around the corner -- just a little more than a month away. What Christmas traditions do you have and are willing to share?

2. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I have absolutely no Christmas traditions.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

My husband and I watch Christmas Vacation while decorating the tree. We also watch Christmas story, when we have time, while it's running 24 hours Christmas eve and day.
    Now thats we're empty nesters, who knows what traditions we'll be sticking with and what new ones we'll start.

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Charlie Brown Christmas is a must!!!!!!!

5. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I love the Christmas Story. It's usually on tv all day long on Christmas. When decorating the trees, I prefer to listen to Christmas carols.

6. billreber

billreber New Member

I listen to the Hallelujah Chorus as played by Mannheim Steamroller, over and over again, while driving to and from work. I LOVE IT! (I do also listen to their version of Silent Night, usually closer to Christmas. I love the "kid's piano" at the end).

I also love the extended family tradition of reading the biblical accounts of the first Christmas as found in Matthew and Luke. This is always done before the opening of any gifts, with the intent that the children learn about Jesus, rather than Santa.

Bill :godisgood: