1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It's Bush's Fault

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://cache.search.yahoo.net/searc...healthcare+42nd&d=dfYOThg5RRb1&icp=1&.intl=us

http://cache.search.yahoo.net/searc...hcare+42nd+u.s.&d=RSc_uhg5RT37&icp=1&.intl=us

2. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He vetoed schip
    He has cut payments to Medicare
    His Medicare Part D is a disaster formany people

To show how concerned he is try the following quote:

‘After all, you just go to an emergency room’ [G. Bush]

This is his model for people with no health insurance.
    http://cache.search.yahoo.net/searc...ency+room+rooms&d=MJysIBg5RR0E&icp=1&.intl=us

4. targus

targus New Member

This is so lame.

The article stated that the U.S. was ranked 42nd in LIFE EXPECTANCY

Not HEALTH CARE SYSTEMS.

5. targus

targus New Member

Crabtownboy,

In your cut and paste job your somehow missed this little bit...

"But “it’s not as simple as saying we don’t have national health insurance,” said Sam Harper, an epidemiologist at McGill University in Montreal. “It’s not that easy.”

Among the other factors:

Adults in the United States have one of the highest obesity rates in the world. Nearly a third of U.S. adults 20 years and older are obese, while about two-thirds are overweight, according to the National Center for Health Statistics.
    “The U.S. has the resources that allow people to get fat and lazy,” said Paul Terry, an assistant professor of epidemiology at Emory University in Atlanta. “We have the luxury of choosing a bad lifestyle as opposed to having one imposed on us by hard times.”"

Why did you decide to skip this little bit of information?

Perhaps it's not so much health care systems as it is obesity.

And that doesn't fit your template?

6. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Why did he veto this, wasn't there something attached to this bill, by Congress, that should not have been there?

Hey, those ranking stats you guys offered gave high costs as a reason for a lower ranking. The way I see it this was just trying to force a price reduction by reducing the amount paid just like Ins companies and HMOs do.

Evidence and source please...

7. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

This is why we need to outlaw new fastfood places like they out in California...:tonofbricks:

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Out of the 8 things you listed, each of which I raised some form of question about, this was the only one you chose to attempt to provide some form of validation for...and that with personal anecdote.

Sorry, that won't fly.

I, too, have spent time overseas, as well as several jobs that have allowed me to come in contact with people of other countries; and I could relate many personal conversations I've had with British, Kyrgyz, Saudi, Jordanian, Iraqi, Pakistani, Indian, Egyptian, German, and others...and individually, they each liked individual Americans, but they all pretty much felt America as a "whole" is arrogant and think of ourselves as better than everyone else.

But does that make my anecdote better than yours? Or yours better than mine? Let's see some empirical evidence, objectively gathered; and then talk about what really is the cause of each of these things you brought up.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because it's Bush's fault Americans are obese and die from it.

He stays in great shape, though.

Typical Bush leadership. ;)