1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Its not easy being an active witness

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by evangelist6589, May 14, 2011.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love the Way of the Master evangelism method and love to do street witnessing and open air preaching. Unfortunately no one in my current Fundamental Baptist church is for street witnessing, and they believe in friendship/servant evangelism. So the translation of this is that I go alone when I street witness and cannot find anyone else. Should I create a Meet-up Group? I'd hate to have fellowship with Charismatic and New Evangelical, but in the area of evangelism I have no choice. Besides many of these type are friends with me on FaceBook. We disagree on the gifts of the spirit among other areas, but agree on street evangelism.

Last year I was in a Conservative SBC church that was big on Way of the Master and we did street witnessing weekly, but outings were not very populated, as most of the church members felt more comfortable with friendship/servant evangelism. Those events were well populated. Because of the low support I am still able to witness, but not everyweek. It seems as if every church has a different view on evangelism and what methods are the best. I love my church and will not leave. My old church was big on street evangelism, but they were weak on the doctrine of separation, among other areas.

I write this post for encouragement, and not to debate whether or not you agree with tract evangelism, or open air street preaching. I will ask that if you do not agree with these methods not to post, or to keep your views to yourself. Thank you! What can I do? Create a meet-up Group as previously mentioned?

Thanks,

John

2. TheBibleSender

TheBibleSender New Member

Yeah it is sad. If you need any tracts to hand out check out my posts in the Free Tracts for witnessing topic. God bless. :)

3. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John, I lead our church's evangelism team and I can definitely relate. Several people on our team and several who aren't on our team, but partner with us, come from other churches, that don't emphasize evangelism.

I would do a couple of things. First, I would talk to my pastor about it and express my concerns. I would also ask him if he would allow me to partner with another church to do evangelism.

Second, I would contact Living Waters, Wretched Radio, and Ambassador's Alliance, as all three of these groups can help to hook you up with people in your area.

There used to be a great organization called Adventures in Christianity that hooked people up for evangelism. I made a lot of great friends that way and that's what led to our church having an evangelism team.

If you're ever in our area, let us know. You can go out with us.

4. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My son is an Ambassador Academy graduate, and he decided to get the WOTM DVD set and teach people in his church how to witness and street preach. 2, count em, 2 people showed up to take the class.

Sad....I hope and pray you do find someone in your area that wants to go with you.