1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It's not Fair for overweight women'

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by 4ever4Jesus, Oct 1, 2010.

1. 4ever4Jesus

4ever4Jesus New Member

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Well, obese women are more unhealthy and that leads to higher health care costs, so employers who offer this may be well within their rights to reduce income.

We're also considered less attractive and fair or unfair, people tend to admire and be more nice to those they find attractive, so of course they're gonna get paid more and be treated better!

I've had the pleasure of experiencing both. I loved the attention I got from men and the envy from women when I was smaller.
    Kids and a thyroid issue later, I'm now on the other side and hate how I look, but enjoy the deeper relationships and the pleasure of knowing that when people like me, it's for myself instead of how I look. It's also nice in that I tend to like debates and topics that men get into much more than women, and now I can have those conversations with men without them being distracted by looks. They see big girl and use big words. LOL When I was thin I was lucky if I didn't have to club a guy upside the head to get him past speaking one syllable words.

Fortunately I still fit in one airline seat. And fortunately i now live in Oklahoma, where being a size 1-2 x-large is on the smaller scale so I don't feel as bad about how I look. It's kinda skeery. There are some BIG PEOPLE in this state like I NEVER saw in my life!

3. 4ever4Jesus

4ever4Jesus New Member

“My friend has relatives there”

Hey Gina I have a friend named Tim who lives in Calif. His wife or he has family in Oklahoma. My friend Tim is six foot four. I stand only at five foot nine. When he sent pictures of family or in-laws of Oklahoma I wondered. Is this some kind of trend in his family? Back at this time he was 300. He lost 75 pounds. Right now I myself weigh close to 300 a bit over or a bit under. My highest was 337.

Here is a true story. One time I was talking to a girl Tammy I was much lighter then. She appeared big in her picture and ok looking. We became friends she came over my place and she lost a lot of weight. So she came to my place. We played trivia pursuit and one thing led to another. This was a short lived relationship as she said I felt more like a friend. Today I am looking for a Christian Wife. It’s not easy you know that. A guy has to argue with a few of them first to see which one He doesn’t yell at him most just kidding hahaha. Just finding a wife committed to one guy is hard enough at that these days.

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Or a guy committed to one girl!

Just be patient patient patient and wait for the perfect chance.

I wasn't wanting or looking for a spouse when God provided one. Nobody was as surprised as I was!

It'll happen for you too if it's meant to be. Just be willing to recognize it when it comes instead of doing something dumb like hiding out in a bathroom until you are literally shoved out the door by your children...wait, that was my story...HAAAAAAAA

Good luck! Could be tomorrow, could be next year. Could be your neighbor, could be someone you've never met. Enjoy the mystery in the meantime!

5. God's Rainbowgal

God's Rainbowgal New Member

It just makes me wonder when the subject of being overweight comes up why is it that we always see the topic being about women and never men?

I am not too much overweight and am starting to lose again :godisgood:
    and know and see women much larger then myself.
    But I also know men that are overweight but yet they never get talked about
    even in social circles. Why doesn't a man have to look like the models on the runway? LOL!!!