1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It's not just the SBC we are after..muwhahahahaha

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by ReformedBaptist, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You speak of what you do not know. There are many fine Reformed Baptist missionaries. Grace Baptist Mission is a British missionary society with a fine record in many countries over many years. http://www.gbm.org.uk/

Trevor and Teresa Johnson are American RB missionaries in deepest Papua. Their family blog is http://www.tandtfamily.blogspot.com/

Steve

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thank God for these missionaries. But did you realize that I wrote that four years ago? And someone answered this particular statement four years ago?

3. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

That's the problem with resurrection (of threads, that is. I'm no Sadducee! :) ) It's so easy, unless one happens to have seen Bobinky's post 53, to miss the "2007" above the earlier posts.

Anyway, it's good that Steve mentioned Grace Baptist Mission, as it celebrates its 150th "birthday" this year.

4. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    150 years is a tremendous record for a mission board. My board, Baptist World Mission, will celebrate our 50th anniversary in October, and we're excited to be in the States for that. But then to think that Grace Baptist Mission was going for 100 years when my board started is unreal!

5. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I didn't realise that. Oops! Sorry!

However, perhaps I might ask if the four years have caused you to modify your opinion at all?

Steve

6. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, if you will read the posts again it will be obvious that I was informed by the answer to my post.

But I have to say, there are still no Reformed Baptist missionaries in Japan.

7. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Might I suggest that they are -- in droves? You probably will not accept that, for you tend to have eyes only for your own, but it is true. I have a fridge full of pictures of "Calvinists" who are on the field all over the world.

8. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it's wonderful that you have prayer cards of missionaries on your fridge, and I'm sure you pray for them regularly. We missionaries could not work for Christ without people holding the ropes as we go down into the hole. (The metaphor is from Calvinist missionary William Carey.)

But please, pay attention! I just posted to Martin M. that this statement was made 4 years ago, was answered at that time, and that I was informed by the answer!

9. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks, this is the third time in recent days that I have answered this four year old post. I'm tired of this. Read the thread, pay attention. I'll not be answering it again.

10. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, JoJ, this is a little testy. :mad:

Yeah, you're right. I must missed my nap. :eek:

Well, just be nicer. :rolleyes:

Okay. Sorry. :saint:

11. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I know it is time for a furlough when a missionary starts having internet conversations with themselves- LOL!

12. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This term has been over six years. We start furlough in a month.

It's about time, JoJ.

No, no, not you, you're talking to Mexdeaf. :eek: