1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It's not true … so quit sayin' it!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by hillclimber1, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It isn't about me at all now is it? I'd guess, it's about your own fear that actually reading the documents may dull that glorious sensation of shared power you get by being in the neocon camp. :laugh:

2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If there were anything, ANYTHING of substance, or a man or two behind the curtain, don't you think the liberals would be all over it? Of course they would. Look at the glee they experienced at Scooters conviction. They worked a year conjuring up the case for the lie Scooter couldn't remember, but an admittedly liberal jury found him guilty, even though they couldn't understand the charges. amazing

#22 hillclimber1, Mar 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2007
  3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aw, Poncho.

If you can't turn every thread to some kind of conspiracy, you can't be happy.:laugh:

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Aw Carpro, if you'd only read all the documentation you say doesn't exist then maybe you'd understand why most everyone else but you 30 percenters now know there is in fact a conspiracy to bring the U.S. down so it can be easily merged with the NWO.

You can only keep your eyes closed for so long, Bubba. The news will catch up with you sooner or later. Better to accept it now and help us fight against it than to keep fighting us only to find out later we've been right all along. :smilewinkgrin:

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

We'll be going over that lesson next week. In the meantime you may want to do alittle preping for the quiz afterwards. See ya next week! :wavey:

6. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

GW did lie. The illegal aliens are bad for America.

7. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Opinions are opinions, they may be true or false but don't constitute lies, at least in this case. And you know better, but your judgment is twisted by your feelings toward GWB.

8. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

I don't believe Bush lied. I believe he was misled. A President can't be everywhere doing everything 24/7/365. That's why there are folks in the intelligence agencies and under the Joint Chiefs of Staff. He has to listen, listen, listen every waking hour.

At the same time, he goofed when he betrayed Israel with his "Roadmap for Peace," a disaster, and goofed again with his and Rumsfeld's miscalculations when it came to establishing a friendly democracy in the Middle East, Iraq, to protect Israel from Syria and Iran. The plan included the establishment of major military bases in Iraq to serve as a warning to the dictatorships in the region. For a time, it looked good. Jordan allowed free elections of a legislative body. So did Syria, and Egypt. Pakistan switched sides in the terrorism struggle. Iran followed suit in free elections (the process later hijacked). The Administration, listening to some lousy advice, over the objections of Colin Powell, messed with God when it endorsed "Palestine" and "land for peace," and when it bought, in intelligence briefings, the same misinformation that 150 nations in the U.N. bought. No doubt Sadam had WMD leftovers from 1991 and the war with Iran, but significant doubt as to the development of the bomb. Still, the whole world bought the intelligence and the U.N. passed 17 resolutions against Iraq, then failed to act on any of them. With the benefit of hindsight we can say it was wrong to launch a preemptive strike on Iraq. God knows we are in quicksand, at least in the Baghdad region, as a result.

To say that Bush "lies" about Iraq or immigration misses the point. He was misled, made mistakes, and continues to make them, but you'll have one heckuva time proving he deliberately lies.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That's is a pretty good cover story isn't it? To bad it's 9/10's balogna. This is what real leaders rely on to lead!

10. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Prove that Bush never lied to us??? :laugh:

Why don't you prove that he never ate grape-nuts while standing on his head in the corner of the oval office?

11. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

[​IMG]
    Here is a site I went to Blammo, it tells about what Bush says and what the facts are.http://www.bushlies.net/ You can read it and discern for yourself.
    As far as the grape-nuts thing, I'll just have to take your word for it.:laugh:

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Sorry we're not allowed to look at anything that could even remotely resemble anything liberal. Our "authorities" say our eyes would fall out and we'd loose our front teeth if we did, so uh, I gotta go consult with newscorp instead, okay?

#32 poncho, Mar 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2007
  13. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

[​IMG]
    Yeah I think I'll see if I can find that story about Bush eating Grape-Nuts while standing on his head. Oh that Bush will do anything to get attention.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Maybe you should have asked for a link. :smilewinkgrin:

15. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

[​IMG]
    Well I always get into trouble when I ask for that, some folks think I shouldn't be so lazy and look it up myself. But the one thing I have noticed about those folks who accuse me being lazy, they also ask for links....:rolleyes: try to figure that one out.
    But as Scarlott O'Hara once said "Fiddle le dee, tommorrow's another day."
    time for these old bones to get some rest, see ya later.

16. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

You must be talking about George H. W. Bush, because this certainly doesn't apply to our current President.

17. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

During an October 22, 2006 interview on ABC’s This Week with George Stephanopoulos, President Bush said,

However:

On August 30, 2006, President Bush, while in Utah said,

Before this, on August 2004, President Bush, while at his ranch in Crawford, Texas said,

Even earlier, on December 15, 2003, President Bush, while holding a press conference said,

Please explain why these discrepancies are not lies?

18. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

You should be embarrassed for posting that link. http://www.bushlies.net/ It takes no discernment at all to see this as trash.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm ready.

Document your (and Jack's) contention that Bush was planning to invade Iraq before 911.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Easy.

"Stay the course" never meant not to change strategies to meet changes in the situation like Bush haters want to make it mean.

It simply meant to finish the job of freeing the Iraqis of Saddam and providing security while the Iraqis learned to govern themselves and provide their own security.

To make a case otherwise makes one look foolish in the extreme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.