1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

It's over

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jul 29, 2011.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Republicans have been outmaneuvered once again.

There will be an increase in the debt limit, as expected. There will be no meaningful spending cuts. There will never be another balanced budget. Our debt will continue to climb.

National bankruptcy is the inevitable result. When? Don't know.

But it will happen.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I believe it will happen shortly before or during the great tribulation. We are not that far off, IMO. I pray it's in my lifetime.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the Republicans were not at war with each other they might accomplish something. Remember when they took control of the White House after Clinton we were running a surplus....but they took care of that quickly.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wouldn't matter. Democrats control 2/3 of the battleground and they will never allow meaningful spending cuts.

5. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

I agree. The establishment is the problem. They need to get their butts in line with the Tea Party, who actually hold to the values that Republicans claim to hold to. As long as sell-outs like Boehner are in charge, nothing is going to get done. Evil men like Harry Reid must be confronted with someone who has a spine...

6. targus

targus New Member

Note Crabby's backhanded way of assigning all fiscal responsibilities to the Republicans while pretending that the Democrats have no responsibility to control their obsessive spending addictions.

The Democrats are the children who don't know any better and it is up to the parental Republicans to control them and if the Democrats are out of control it is the Republicans fault. :rolleyes: