1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I've a serious question

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by windcatcher, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Justlittleoldme

Justlittleoldme New Member

Wow! That is a little harsh.

I just lost a very dear friend this past year. She lived a long 92 years and was one of the most godly women I know. She taught Sunday School until she was 90, was a soul winner until the day she died and was a great example to all of the young women in our church.
    She was a Democrat and had been for many years.
    So no, Magnetic Poles, I don't think just because you are a democrat that means you are not a Christian.
    BUT I never could understand why Mrs. W could vote for anyone who supports abortion rights. I still don't understand that.

Not trying to start anything here, I really would like to know.
    How can you vote for someone who thinks it is okay to murder an unborn child or to play God and choose the life of an unborn child or the mother?

And to the OP, yes, I believe we are accountable to God for who we vote for. If I pray about something and God gives me direction, then no matter what it is, I am accountable for the action I take.

2. Justlittleoldme

Justlittleoldme New Member

Quote:
    Do Christians have a responsibility to God to answer for their political choices? If not, when and how did he release us from the consequences of our choices and our reliance upon him?

Sorry, my answer was a little off from the question, but it is still yes. I agree with the person that posted this answer:

IMO, God expects us to seek Him, both personally and as Christian citizens. Priesthood of the believer...it may be that we don't all vote identically, but our motives will be the same: To honor God.

3. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

And I, too, think this is a fabulous answer.