1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I've acquired 4 books

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Rippon, Dec 3, 2015.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    By the way, your information on HLC is badly out of date. The United States Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation recognize the Commission as the assigned regional accrediting organization of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Duh!

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are right. I apologize. I did not see the accreditation in the fine print of their web site. I do not understand why they do not list it first in larger letters instead of the Higher Learning Commission.

I am glad to see they are accredited by ATS. But, that does not make me believe that Dr. Carson is correct in his stance on these words.

I do not believe Peter found Jesus' first two questions too cold. He was struck with fear that Jesus would ask the question using agape. He, Peter, could not bring himself to reply using agape. Then, as I said in another post, Jesus dropped down to the lesser love of phileo ... much to Peter's distress.

This was not a friendly fluff conversation, but a very much in earnest very serious round of questions and answers.