1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I've had it...I'm P.O.'d

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by HeDied4U, Oct 7, 2003.

1. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why am I P.O.'d? I am so glad you asked. Here's the scoop...

I have the BB set as my "home" page when I sign on to Internet Explorer, but for some reason about every 3 to 4 days when I sign on, my home page is changed to some search engine site called payfortraffic.com (or something like that).

How does this happen??? Why does this happen??? It's not that big of a deal to reset the BB as the homepage, it's just the fact that I have to do it every few days that bothers the snot out of me :mad: :mad: :mad:

Any suggestions, tips, hints, comments, solutions as to how to prevent this from happening will be greatly, and I mean GREATLY, appreciated.

Thanks, and God Bless!!!

Adam [​IMG]

2. InHim2002

InHim2002 New Member

3. HeDied4U

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :eek: YIKES!!!!! :eek:

I tried to download the above referenced program, but wasn't able to for some reason, but did a search for other spyware removal programs. Found one that sounded good, loaded it in, and found that my computer was crawling with spyware components...but not anymore [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So, even though the program InHim2002 recommended didn't work for me, a big and hearty THANK YOU goes out to InHim2002 for pointing me in the right direction [​IMG] [​IMG]

God Bless!!!

Adam [​IMG]

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Adam, do watch your anti-virus program for a few days. I downloaded one of the spyware programs and began to get error messages in my Norton Anti-virus. We finally figured out that it was the spyware but had to remove and then put the Norton back in. A lot of trouble but well worth it! I removed the spyware program.

Diane

5. HeDied4U

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the heads-up Diane. I'll keep an eye on things, but hopefully no problems will pop up.

God Bless!!!

Adam [​IMG] :cool: [​IMG]

6. JourneytoEndure

JourneytoEndure New Member

Just a suggestion, You can Go to Start, "My Computer" Add or Remove Programs, and look for any programs that you are sure that create the problems or are really not supposed to be there, (for example the Gator Corporation "Gain") then click Add,Remove
    to uninstall

7. David Mark

David Mark New Member

Ad-aware is a decent program with a good reputation.

Give the download another try. Try it from PC World magazine.

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads

PCWorld offers some other interesting things on the web page before the one I just listed.

Other PCWorld goodies

Dave