1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I've heard of up, close and personal....But

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by TheWinDork, Apr 25, 2006.

1. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Tornadoes are awe-inspiring storms. I have had quite a few close encounters with them, and while I have a very healthy respect for their power, I also am fascinated by them.

3. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

I think that's as close as I want to get to a tornado.

4. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

I agree, But I don't go around in helicopters chasing after 'em though! I'm also fascinated by them, But I can be just fascinated on the ground or more perferrably, in a storm shelter! [​IMG]

what people will do for ratings! :eek: :rolleyes:

TheWinDork

5. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

I've had way too many close encounters with them in the past 5+ years. In 2003 I had $5K in damage due to an F4 tornado here in Jackson. In 1999, Jackson (TN) had several tornadoes and we missed school for a week. Just a few weeks ago, 36 people died here in West TN due to tornadoes. I don't care if I ever see another one....and on top of that, I have the TORNADO SIREN for my part of the county in my backyard! Lots of sleepless nights.....
    Tornadoes are fascinating....but scary for most of us that have been too close to them. :eek: [​IMG]

6. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

Yikes! In your back yard? :eek:

and I used to complain about the noise when they tested the sirens around here on the first saturday of the month... :eek: Used to sound World War 3 was about to break when them sirens used to go off... :eek: But around here, where I am now, it ain't too bad, I don't hear them as loud, but where I used to live, in the city. You'd think we were being invaded..

Glad they don't test them at night, I might lose my beauty sleep. [​IMG]
    and trust me folks, I need ALL I can get. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

Yes, in my backyard! It's about 150 feet from my back door! It will ROLL you out of bed....there's no sleeping! But, I can't complain. Jackson, which is in Madision County in West TN with the county and the city of Jackson has about 100K people in it. Some can't hear the sirens...luckily I can. And, I have a NOAA weather radio. You have to in this part of the county. [​IMG]