1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I've started a spiritual cleansing...and have found some results.

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Scarlett O., Nov 30, 2013.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My church is seeking revival and has been for a long time. I won't go into all of the details, but my church has been under attack for a while. The main thrust of attack - in my opinion - seems to be apathy and broken Christian relationships. That makes us useless for God.

Last Sunday night before the services, our pastor had a meeting with about 25 or so of us that he contacted the week before. He said that we will be having revival services in February and want to begin an earnest preparation now. We will have a special Sunday service in January dedicated to seeking God's revival. And we are going to do something called the "Cleansing of the Temple" for the week prior to the revival services.

It's when for 6 days (12-14 hours each day) the Bible in its entirety will be read aloud in the sanctuary by all who wish to volunteer. Only one person at a time will be in the sanctuary for about 30 minutes. When the next person comes in - there will be no chit chat or conversation. Only tap the person who is reading, allow them to show you where they are, and they you begin reading. The pastor who is going to be preaching the revival services suggested this and says he has no idea WHY it allows revival to take place, but he has seen it many, many times.

Well, I got really excited last night about this and so did everyone else.

But here is the point of my post.

I want to cleanse my home and family.

I started the same thing in my home - a concentrated reading aloud of the scriptures every day. Not just a light, short silent reading.

This is going to be done in 120 days and I will be reading aloud in different rooms of my house. I'm really convicted over the fact that our homes and families as Christian people are infested with worldliness - even though we may not see it. What if we could allow God's Word to wash us clean - our homes and families. Just what could God do? Anything!!!!!

God can and will use all kinds of vessels: old, new, broken, small, big, and more. But He won't use a dirty vessel.

He just won't. We may have absolutely no idea of the things or practices in our homes and families that is grieving the Holy Spirit, keeping us sick, making us ineffective witnesses. Well, I want those things - even the ones I'm not aware of to be GONE!

Here's the plan I'm going to be following for 120 days. Pray that I will stick to it and prayerfully considered joining me.

http://bsbtonline.org/biblereading/120dayplan1.pdf

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for such an encouraging post, Scarlett. I will be praying for this endeavor.

3. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am fortunate in that I can attend St. Ignatian Retreats. These marvellous week long retreat from the world allow one to attend conferences, religious worship and silent time to commune with the Lord. It is a spiritual spring cleaning. 5 whole days of silence (this is not as tough as it sounds), although you converse with retreat masters in a one on one context.

I hope you have access to such a thing in your church.:godisgood: