1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack Conway Attacks Rand Paul's Faith

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by FR7 Baptist, Oct 20, 2010.

1. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BCa8xw9yGY

This is such a dirty political trick. Normally, it's the Right that attacks peoples' faith, but this time it's the Democratic candidate. I've had people on this board attack my faith. I don't like it when either side does it.

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fox News

Rand Paul has dispatched his wife, a Presbyterian Church(USA) deacon, to counter religious bigotry charges.:thumbs:

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

It is not dirty politics if it is true. I am not saying it is or it is not. Here is the question. Are those things true? Is Mr. Paul refuting those claims?

4. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I'm with you on this, what is he refuting and what if any isn't he refuting. I don't live in Ky. so except for my wife's family who live there, it isn't much to me. I know the conservatives in the family are not happy with Mr. Paul any more than I am with his daddy.

5. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

One thing that is clearly deceptive in that ad is the wording that he wants to end deductions for religious charities. That implies Paul is singling out religious charities, when in fact the truth is he is for eliminating all deductions and instead us the "fair tax" or consumption tax instead of income tax. His position on that issue has nothing to do with religion as the ad suggests it does.

6. targus

targus New Member

It seems that the left has come up with a new tactic - attack their opponents as not being true Christians in an attempt to seperate them from Christian voters.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have contributed to Rand Paul's primary campaign and also to his general election campaign and I would vote for him if I lived in Kentucky. If he wins on November 2nd I will consider him to be my U.S. Senator for practical purposes since he will be the senator closest to my views.

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

again is he refuting this or not?

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

The Dems right now are in full panic. The DCCC is running an ad against the TN 4th GOP challenger Dr. Scott Desjarlais which makes him sound like a wife-beating, gun-toting lunatic. The most liberal paper in the state, the Chattanooga Times Free Press has even denounced it. A gerry-mandered district tailor made for Dems is deeply in trouble. So I'm not surprised Paul is under assault. That said, he has given the other side way too much ammo to use. We'll see if it all works.

10. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I guess you didn't understand my point at all.

There is nothing to refute; he is in favor of eliminating all deductions, because he is in favor of the government using a consumption tax instead of the current system.

So my point was the ad is deceptive by implying to the listener that Paul has singled out religious deductions when he has not done so. The ad implies a motive where there isn't one.

#10 Steven2006, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2010
  11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I think it has more to do with the fact that more Americans than ever before are figuring out it isn't about the left vs the right or democrats vs republicans it's about the establishment that controls both parties and political ideologies to further their globalist agenda. That and Rand Paul doesn't really have all that many skeletons in his closet that can be used against him, if he has any.

This upstart Rand Paul and the idea of constitutional government has the ruling elite's panties in a bunch and threatens their hold on power. What to do, what to do?

It's pure desperation we see. And from the looks of it (by this race) it's backfiring on them.

#11 poncho, Oct 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2010
  12. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Politics is ugly, but this is beyond contemptuous.